Third Line Engineer (Field Engineer)
Job Title : Third Line IT Engineer
Reports to : Engineering Manager/Assistant Engineering Manager
Supervises : No Staff Supervision required
Main Purpose of Job
To provide hardware and software technical support, including maintenance, repairs and installations
Respond to callouts within the timescale of contractual obligations
Installation of GP medical Systems
Diagnose problems and repair or remedy as required
Install and set-up computer systems / equipment
Maintenance of accurate records to meet Company deadlines
Covering an away rotation that involves overnight stops in company provided accommodation.
Cover Service Desk.
Knowledge & Skills
- 1 ? 3 years experience in IT & servicing IT Systems & Customers.
- Good general education to GCSE/A level standard
- Qualification in electronic/electrical engineering desirable
- Experience in IT i.e., different operating systems, communications & networking
- General understanding of Computer systems and their architecture
- Good Social Engineering Skill set, as well as written communication skills essential.
- The ability to work co-operatively within a team, across the Company, and with external customers
- Ability to prioritise workloads / call-outs
- Ability to problem Solve & diagnose and fix Systems hardware and make sure they are operating correctly.
- Clean and current Driving license.
Specific experience desirable with:
- Microsoft Windows Server networking and administration, server 2008 onwards
- Microsoft Windows desktop OS networking and administration, windows 2007 onwards
- SCO Openserver Unix / Unixware Configuration, administration & networking
- Ubuntu Linux Server or similar Linux Configuration, administration & networking.
- Citrix Xen App Advanced
- Knowledge & understanding of virtualisation technologies.
- Exchange Server & mail technologies.
- CISCO products, firewalls, routers & WAN technologies.
- Advanced Networking and routing techniques
- Office products (Microsoft Office 2007 and onwards)
- Symantec Backup Exec & archiving technologies.
- Anti-virus technologies & methodologies with specific knowledge of Sophos products.
Additional knowledge a bonus but not essential in:
- GP Clinical System Environment.
Additional Qualifications a bonus but not essential in:
- Microsoft MCSE Windows server 2008 or greater
- VMWARE VCP
- CITRIX CCA-N or above
- CISCO CCNA/CCNP
Technical skills development provided under a defined advancement framework and foundation skill set.
Judgment & Decision
Accountable for ensuring that the resolutions meet the Practice/Health Service and Microtest criteria, in line with performance indicators, quality standards, statutory regulations and to agreed timescales.
Internal contact is a key feature of the job involving the post holder in liaison and consultation with other members of the team, other departments and Management.
Externally, the post holder will have regular contact with customers and occasionally with suppliers.
Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all data removed from, or on, clients computer systems. Being responsible for stock and equipment used on site. Health & Safety issues while on customers premises.
Mostly at customer?s premises, some of which may involve extensive travel time, using Company transport. Some time will be required in the office and/or home.
Employees may be required to undertake tasks that the management considers are within their capabilities, even though the task may be outside their normal duties.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959509207