Compliance and Systems Manager
Are you an experienced Compliance or Health and Safety professional looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit an Compliance and Systems Manager for our team in Ipswich, working 37.5 hours a week.
In return for your hard work as our Compliance and Systems Manager, we can offer a salary of £30,000 - £35,000 per annum plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands.
The ideal Compliance and Systems Manager:
- Successfully demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Proven ability to work in an Operations environment
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety 18001 OHSAS, Environmental ISO14001, Quality Systems 9001 and Energy 50001 other management systems as required.
- High Level qualification (e.g. HND) or above - Environmental or Science related preferred
- Full driving licence
Compliance and Systems Manager Responsibilities include:
- Identify and delivery of all relevant control systems as detailed in the Management System (Health and Safety, Training, Environmental, Compliance)
- Provide practical hands-on support in the completion and revision of all appropriate documentation
- Ensure that control systems, as set out in the Management System, are adequately audited.
- Liaising with Lead Compliance & Systems Manager to ensure the successful implementation of SharePoint.
- Work with Operational Sites to continuously improve systems through gap analysis
- Oversee control systems to prevent or deal with non-conformities of internal policies
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the controls ensuring continuous improvement. Advise and assist where non-conformities are identified.
- Report on non-conformities, identified during audit process, ensuring all relevant stakeholders are informed of gaps in policies and procedures.
- Assist with the implementation of company policies/standards
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, APPLY now for the role of Compliance and Systems Manager.
Closing Date: 27th November 2017
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959510829