Information Security Analyst
Information Security Analyst
Company and role:
Market leading enterprise level business to business information services company that connects millions of people through major events, festivals, exhibitions and data are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Information Security Analyst with sound technical experience.
You will be working as part of a focused team to set the security strategy for the organisation, whilst addressing key operational aspects such as auditing, remediation, evaluating new technology, malware analysis, and digital forensic work.
Responsibilities and experience required for: Information Security Analyst:
- Fantastic opportunity to get further hands on experience with security auditing and ethical hacking tools, as well as providing scope to develop your own vulnerability assessment skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate some level of programming or scripting and be comfortable with ideally Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Expected to assist with internal forensic investigations including memory forensics, timeline creation, and malware analysis. (If not already experienced, then a great opportunity to learn!)
- A main responsibility for regular security activities such as, ensuring AV is properly deployed and patches are up to date as appropriate throughout the estate.
The role provides an opportunity to further your hands-on experience. An appreciation and understanding of how business risk profile and risk appetite differ between organisations is absolutely essential. Previous experience in this regard will set you in good stead.
Type of person and experience required for Information Security Analyst:
- Strong experience and an interest in all areas of Information Security.
- Able to engage with others at a highly technical level, as well as convey key issues around security at a senior business level.
Technical skills and breadth of experience required for Information Security Analyst:
- Experience OR knowledge of virtual infrastructure, cloud compute, servers across multiple operating systems, storage, networks, firewalls, WiFi, WAN and LAN, and client systems such as antivirus would all be essential.
Qualifications / Training for Information Security Analyst:
- Degree qualified OR equivalent life experience, preferably in Information Security ORsimilar.
- Qualifications in Information Security such as OSCP, CCNA Security, CISSP, etc. (Desirable)
- Exposure to ITIL V3, SOX, PCI-DSS, ISO27001, NIST, or similar IT security standards/frameworks.
Work Experience for: Information Security Analyst:
- Minimum of 3 + years? experience in an Information Security role.
- Experience of working in an Enterprise IT team or a managed hosting environment (Desirable).
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959511583