£35,000 - £45,000
A Global manufacturer of innovative, technical engineering solutions for the agricultural and construction industries now seeks a Cost Accountant to join their highly skilled, business critical, dynamic team of financial professionals that has been instrumental in growing the business from £15M to £49M in just four years.
Based at their awarding winning European HQ, the Cost Accountant will join a company that, for over 30 years has remained at the forefront of modern manufacturing.
As Cost Accountant, your role will be integral to providing the business with the commercial and financial insight required to fulfil the company's continued growth plans.
The Cost Accountant will
work with the Sales and Purchasing departments to ensure integrity in costs and the profitability of new and existing business. Providing estimates that result in informed decisions achieving sound and effective commercial costs.
- Provide cost against profit margins to allow for accurate quotations to be made
- Review pre- and post- new business fulfilment, checking for changes, reasons why and suggested improvements.
- Monitor customer order quantities against original cost forecast and commitment.
- Review and analyse cost and profit margin trends and make recommendations for cost improvements.
- Be able to interpret and analyse data with a view to reporting and feeding back into the relevant departments.
- Create and carry put ad-hoc projects within the finance department.
- Make sound commercial decisions involving multiple departments.
You will also
- Read and understand Bills of Materials.
- Positively challenge decisions and present justifications confidently.
- Have experience of working in a manufacturing environment and preferably from an engineering background.
- Be educated to degree level in a business associated discipline or QBE in a similar role and company.
- Ideally have CIMA or ACCA as this is preferable but not essential.
- Have experience of using an MRP system.
- Experience of working in a multi-currency environment.
- Be organised, maintain relationships, use initiative and possess professional credibility and integrity.
Reporting direct to the Financial Controller, you will receive 33 days holiday, a generous pension contribution match and be part of the profit share bonus scheme.
What to do nowTo become part of this fast paced and challenging work environment, who was recently named 'manufacturer of the year', click the 'apply now' button shown on this vacancy and send us your CV White Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959508882