Senior EC&I Engineer (Oxford)
Our client is currently recruiting for a Senior EC&I Engineer for a 6 month contract to be based at Harwell, Oxford.
They are a leading international engineering, project management and services provider to the highly regulated nuclear, defence, oil & gas, and science & research industries.
Senior EC&I Engineer Role overview:
- Definition and distribution of the scope of work to ensure that all work is executed safely, on time and at appropriate levels of quality.
- Delivery of all design and engineering to meet the requirements of Design Reviews and HAZOPs within Project procedures.
- Supervision of junior engineering staff, engineering resource management and interviews
Key responsibilities as a Senior EC&I Engineer:
- Design, Specification, Procurement, Supply/Manufacture Liaison, Installation, Acceptance Testing, Commissioning and Operator Training in Nuclear Engineering Projects
- Liaison with multi disciplines
- Technical Consultancy
- Project Management including quality, progress and cost control including documentation
- Sales Support and Customer care
- Manage Contractors and Sub Contractors, Staff Development
- Manage safety by developing and reinforcing the safety culture, compliance with safety regulations (eg. CDM and CE marking), and the application of safety systems
Position of the Senior EC&I Engineer within the organization:
- Reports directly to Divisional Director/Operations Manager
- Directly supervises project teams, comprising both Nuvia personnel and external Contractor resources
- Communicates effectively with all project stakeholders, especially client representative
- Accountable for Project Financial Performance
Ideally you will have the following skills, qualifications experience and attributes?
- Degree qualified in a relevant technical / engineering discipline. A full UK driver?s licence
- Working towards Chartered Engineer status
- Minimum 5 years? experience in the Nuclear industry
- Demonstrable competence in a design/delivery position within a project based environment
- Understanding of design requirements to support nuclear safety cases
- Experience of managing sub-contracts. Knowledge of safety regulations including CDM
- Experience of checking design documentation including drawings and supporting calculations
- Experience and/or ability of leading a technical team within a professional project delivery environment Organization & Collaborations skills
- Demonstrable expertise in working to tight deadlines
- Experience of leading design teams
- Chartered Engineer and candidates nearing chartership are preferred. Membership to appropriate institutions is preferred e.g. CIBSE, MIMechE
- Experience of bid preparation
If you are interested please call Tom on *********** or email me on **************************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959487737