Network Operations Engineer
Client: Leading British Retailer
Location: Central London / Berkshire
Role: Network Operations Engineer
Contract Length: 3 months initial
Our Client is currently looking for 2 Network Operations Engineers to join their teams in Central London and Berkshire for an initial 3 month period, although this is expected to last until mid-next year. The successful candidate will come from an operations background as opposed to development and must possess clear and concise communications skills.
- Take responsibility for the day to day operational management of the IT infrastructure.
- Respond to 3rd line incidents/requests across a range of network technology areas, and resolve within SLA.
- Operational acceptance of new project deliveries - new or upgraded infrastructure.
- Production and validation of documentation
- Responding to 3rd Line Support Calls for our e-commerce and data centre network environments and will include incident investigation, service restoration and applying necessary fixes (liaising with vendors where necessary).
- Perform production changes on firewall, load balancers, DNS, DHCP, ADC routing and internet connectivity environments.
- Manage incident queue, prioritising calls according to business impact.
- Lead the operational planning and support of critical infrastructure - i.e. DR testing, capacity management etc.
- Working with line management and service management team to agree change slots and approvals for planned work resulting from incidents or requests.
- Ensure changes and work requests are completed within the allotted time.
- Contribute as required to Technical Services weekly operational reporting.
ESSENTIAL Experience Required
- Citrix Netscaler ADC configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- F5 Loadbalancer configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Checkpoint firewall R77 and R80 administration
- Ethernet switches such as Cisco 6500, 3750, 3560, Cisco Nexus.
- Experience of change management in large e-commerce environments.
- Configuration of IP ACLs across the Cisco portfolio.
- Cisco ACE and GSS load balancing.
- Cisco ANM.
- Palo Alto Firewall administration.
- Netflow export technology and collectors such as Lancope Stealthwatch would be an advantage.
- Troubleshooting of IPSEC VPNs to 3rd parties.
- Citrix Netscaler Application Delivery Controllers (with particular focus on these features: GSLB, Content Switching, App Expert, Compression, Integrated Caching, Rewrite and Responder). SDX Platform and Xenserver would also be desirable.
- Familiarity with these areas is also desirable: Mitigating and dealing with DDOS attacks, working with HTTP debugging and tracing tools, Enterasys / Extreme switching, Cacti & Nagios open source management software.
- Familiar with Enterasys switch environment.
- Experience with Solarwinds and CA Spectrum.
Hours of work are 9am - 5.30pm, although some out of hours plus callout may be required.
If you feel you are a suitable fit for this position, then please do apply below!
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959512326