Telecoms/Networking Solutions System Engineer
A leading consultancy specialising in innovative and specialised solutions for telecoms and banks have an exciting opportunity for an experience System Engineer to join their team in Kingston upon Thames.
Key Skills: Systems Engineer, Mission Critical, linux, SQL, mySQL, CentOS, Apache, MySQL, PHP, networking equipment, switches, load balancers, VPN,
Location: Kingston upon Thames, Surrey
Salary: Circa £50,000+ and benefits.
As Systems Engineer your main role will be to deliver initial deployments (mission critical software and hardware) to customers and subsequently provide them with the highest standard of ongoing support. We are looking for somebody with Linux and database SQL) skills.
As Systems Engineer it is essential you have experience of software and hardware installation support in a Telecoms, Finance, Banking, Aerospace or any other industry where there are mission critical systems and formal acceptance processes.
Solid communication skills are essential.
- Installation, configuration of Linux (CentOS), Apache, MySQL, PHP, etc.
- Setup of networking equipment (switches, load balancers, VPN, etc.),
- OS hardening
- Setup and configuration of monitoring/alert tools (e.g. Nagios, Hyperic)
- Setup and maintain development, test and continuous integration platforms
- Installation of hardware and software systems, at client sites and remotely
- System dimensioning, provisioning and configuration
- Perform integration with multiple external systems and parties
- Assist with the maintenance of the office network and computers
- Familiarity with tools such as Ansible, Puppet / Docker, Vagrant would be a very advantageou
- MySQL setup
- MySQL tuning and replication ideally.
- Postgres experience a plus (not mandatory)
- Excellent communication skills
- Logic approach to problem solving
- Able to liaise both with clients and development team to address issues efficiently
- As Systems Engineer it is essential you have at least 3 years in a similar role of implementing deployments of similarly complex projects.
- Knowledge of the telecom environment and technologies would be an advantage
As Systems Engineer you key role will be to take responsibility for the preparation and execution of installation and on-site testing of system deliverables. And provide support to their customers. This could also include some training to customers engineering teams.
If you have got this far then I expect you are the person I am looking for!
Please click "apply now" for more details.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959509629