Project Manager - automation
Job Overview: Further to a successful campaign of business growth, we are retained with our client, an established design & manufacturer of automation & materials handling systems to diverse plastics manufacturers. EXPIRES 30/12/17
Ideally we are looking for candidates who have been a Technical Manager or Project Manager or Engineering Manager who have good experience within project management of materials handling and / or ancillaries / 2nd line production operational equipment design & production to bespoke customer requirements.
It will be deemed an advantage that Project Manager applicants will have good proven experience within plastic injection moulding, plastic extrusion, or other plastic moulding environments in an engineering, technical or projects role. For this exciting, job satisfying post all applicants will need to be based from the client?s offices most of the time with some travel to customers & suppliers.
You must have a current driving licence and be able to interpret technical drawings, - 3D CAD experience an advantage however full training will be provided.
- Technical specification of all higher value/technically advanced quotations including pick and place robots
- Project management of technically challenging projects & project team
- Compile FDS?s when required for specific projects applications
- Manage technical and projects team including CAD specialists and project engineers
- Manage equipment trials ensuring best solution provided for the customer
- Assist in Design/develop solutions using internal and external equipment
- Supplier management for new / improved products and delivery to the company
- Create technical specification sheets for use throughout the sales team
- Identify, plan and implement engineering training requirements
- Supplier liaison and technical solution negotiation both in UK and abroad
- Compile full documentation for each project including timing plan, method statement, risk assessments, layout drawings and final acceptance operator manuals
- Customer liaison and negotiation for project specification to ensure smooth project delivery both on time and to customer satisfaction
- Customer site management of installation engineers; conducting ?toolbox? talks, daily, weekly project reviews, updating the customer on progress and issues to ensure customer satisfaction
- Creat equipment layouts and schematic drawings in AutoCAD and present to the customer for approval
- Supplier/manufacturer visits both independently and with customers for progress reviews and specification agreements
- Ensure customers RFQ?s and URS? are adhered to and signed off against
- H&S overview of Project Work in Progress
- Must have proven recognised certification in engineering, mechanical or electrical disciplines
- Must have 2 year?s minimum project management experience
- Must have good IT skills
- Knowledgeable with 2D / 3D technical drawings
- Must be conversant with dealing with suppliers & sub-contractors
- Must have strong clear communication skills for developing & nurturing technical staff, and for dealing with customers.
- Must be able to contest without being confrontational.
Key Words: ?Project Manager?, ?Project Engineer?, ?Applications Engineer?, ?Technical Manager?, ?Design Engineer?, ?Design Manager?, ?Project leader?, AUTOMATION, ?AUTOMATION ENGINEER?, ?Automation Manager?, ?material handling?, ?injection moulding?, plastics, ?metal fabrication?, ?plastic extrusion?
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959503634