Data Engineer required for a large organisation based in London.
You will be working within a group data function, the successful candidate will be responsible for working fully aligned with our data science and CRM functions to collaboratively deliver new data solutions and enhancing existing ones on our state of the art cloud based digital platform.
- Demonstrable knowledge of database design, modelling and best practice
- Very strong SQL skills
- Database troubleshooting & performance tuning techniques to cope with the challenges presented by large data volumes
- Excellent knowledge of industry best practices, methodologies, techniques, tools, resources and data legislation
- SalesForce knowledge, SAS or another CRM product
- Database technologies such as Vertica, MySQL and MongoDB or similar
- An understanding of Cloud Computing, PaaS and SaaS in particular database, storage and ETL integration into the Cloud.
- Significant ETL experience with a variety of tools.
- Job scheduling, job and step dependencies, measuring success or failure (idealy using Job Scheduler, Rundeck, crontab or similar)
- Analytical and scripting languages like R, Python or Spark
- Some Linux
- Knowledge of XML/XSD, JSON as well as CSV, delimited and fixed-format files
- Excellent organisation, planning and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work with others to maximise effectiveness and ensure a quality product
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills. Able to communicate ideas clearly (written and verbal)
Please apply for further information.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959512867