IT Support Technician
New opportunity not to be missed! CURO Transatlantic Limited have an exciting opportunity available for an IT Support Technician to join our team based in Nottingham. The successful IT Support Technician will receive a competitive salary of between £25,000 and £28,000 per annum + benefits depending on experience.
We are part of an international financial technology & services organisation that provides customers with short term loans and other financial services. Since our inception in 1997 we have become one of the UK's market leaders in our field with a very strong customer base and reputation.
The IT Support Technician Key Responsibilities
- Diagnoses and resolves hardware and software issues onsite, over the phone via remote desktop, advises users on appropriate actions.
- Redirect and assign problems to 3rd level resources to ensure timely resolution and customer/end user satisfaction
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Assist/backup the department buyer with the new purchases and processing new and existing orders
- Enters and manages issues using service management tracking tools and maintains historical records and related problem documentation
- Consults with BSA team on software errors or to recommend changes to programs and procedures
- Manage calls to software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products
- Tests software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work
- Installs and configures personal computers, software, and peripheral equipment
- Executes software test plans for functional and regression testing
- Other duties as assigned
- Ensure the day-to-day delivery of the six defined fair customer outcomes across all business functions
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- This position requires after hours/holiday on-call support on a rotational basis
What makes you our ideal IT Support Technician?
Skills and Experience
- Ability to answer questions and resolve problems via phone, e-mail or in person - required
- Ability to listen and ask questions to diagnose and solve IT and computing issues - required
- Strong written and verbal skills required, to work with customers within the business, and suppliers externally
- Ability to work productively both independently and with a team - required
- Perform support and maintenance either remotely or at the customer's desk location to diagnose and resolve problems using basic to advanced troubleshooting methods using appropriate technical skills
- Adheres to workflow and service level expectations between teams to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Understands the critical nature of the business and makes every reasonable effort to achieve employee satisfaction and/or provide acceptable workarounds
- Utilizes and contributes to publishing an up-to-date IT knowledgebase as a part of troubleshooting and researching customer issues, sharing knowledge with customers and colleagues
- Works a flexible schedule, including on-call support
Education or Equivalent Experience
- 3 plus years' IT hardware and software troubleshooting work experience
- Previous experience in a collaborative environment, supporting end-users day-to-day
- Previous experience in handling routine tasks and projects with following instructions to complete new assignments
- Previous experience in diagnosing and resolving issues related to IT, PC and application troubleshooting, and other anomalies that may develop where IT may become involved
- Previous experience in providing technical support on Windows server and end-user systems-related issues, in active directory, print, Citrix and/or other remote desktop environments
- Degree/HND in Information Technology or equivalent discipline / skill set
- Up to date certifications, for example: A+, Microsoft, Cisco etc
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to become our IT Support Technician, click 'Apply' now!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959445644