Engineer - Billingshurst - Permanent role
My client is a highly reputable house builder. They build very high spesification residential projects nation wide. They are looking for a Engineer to join their team based out of the Billingshurst office.
To provide assistance to the engineering department including arranging surveys and checking consultants drawings, as well as being responsible for close so-ordination with the planning, technical and site teams. You will report to the Engineering Director.
- Assist and co-ordinate soil investigations, topographical surveys, drainage surveys, speed surveys, safety audits and similar.
- Adhere to policies and procedures of the engineering department and business as a whole;
- AutoCAD drawing work, including working alongside the planning and design teams doing legal overlay checks, contract plans, concept/design strategies, phasing plans and similar;
- Preparation in CAD of client Engineering standard details;
- Preparation in CAD of combined Services Drawings for all developments.
- Co-ordinating and checking consultant's drawings and value engineering designs in order to drive cost efficiencies;
- Co-Ordination of the documentation received from other disciplines, whether being internal departments or external consultants;
- Whilst in-house detailed design will be limited, there may be future opportunity to undertake an element of civil engineering design on smaller schemes;
- To assist with road and sewer adoptions, from design checks, site inspections during the build stage, and obtaining certificates upon complication;
- A basic awareness of CDM and health and safety requirements;
- To attend internal and external meetings and issue minutes if necessary;
- Co-ordinating and/or drafting as built drawings;
- Carrying out such other tasks and duties as required from time to time by the board of directors.
- If appropriate, there will be the opportunity for the successful candidate to spend time on site during the groundworks phase to develop site experience and knowledge.
- Working Knowledge of AutoCAD and other design software solutions such as PDS, Windes & Civil 3D.
- Working knowledge of current building regulations, Design manuals, and current construction methods.
- Working Knowledge of a site environment - not essential.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages required.
- Some previous experience of working on large scale residential projects preferable but not essential.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages required.
- Some civil engineering/building knowledge and an understanding of legal processes.
- A working knowledge of relevant regulations and legislation, including sewers for adoption, NRSWA and Building Regulations.
For more information or for general enquiries about this role, please call Kate Lancaster on ************ or email ***********************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959509520