Lead Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Lead Software Engineer (full stack) / London, Leeds / 10 Months Contract / 630 to 650 GBP (Per Day)
**IR35 Status **The client has stated that this role is Out of Scope of the new off pay-role worker legislation**
As a Software Engineer (Practitioner) you will be a skilled practitioner and role model in software craftsmanship. Responsible for ensuring best practices are adhered to across the department and guiding teams on how to deliver a quality product.
You will contribute to the Architectural & Software Engineering principals, that will help ensure the systems are fit for purpose.
With a focus on stability, availability and quality you will be accountable for the code your teams produce.
You will own the overall Software Development Process within Software Engineering along with setting the strategies for products and the wider community.
You will provide technical leadership to a l team of Software Engineers along with providing oversight to the products they develop
- Design and lead the strategies for building reusable libraries and services
- Design strategies for building reusable libraries and services
- Own the development of medium-long term strategies for product lines and the Software Engineering Community
- Identify and support the resolution of infrastructure faults
- Provide 3rd line support on products developed, including out of hours support as and when required
- Lead multiple Software Engineering teams providing technical leadership and guidance. Including coaching and mentoring your team and their professional development
- Contribute and set strategic direction for product team and the wider Software Engineering community
- Lead the sharing of knowledge and good practice with the wider software engineering community
- Lead community discussions about best practice within Software Engineering
? Experience of using a modern standards approach and guide others in doing so, including leading Software Engineers in test-driven development alongside the use of automated test frameworks.
? Experience developing software within a Micro-Service architecture and an understanding of appropriate utilisation. As well as building public facing and internal REST
? Define approaches to understanding users stories and guides others in doing so
? Experience working with a technical architect to specify the architecture and technical approach for the product being developed
? Experience of leading multiple Software Engineer teams in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific time-scales and working alongside multiple senior Stakeholders. Co-ordinating build activities across systems and integration testing. Being able to identify and implement opportunities to optimise the software development process
? Knows what a good CI and CD process looks like and how to implement for the product
? Experience of modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by other Software Engineers
? Demonstrable experience working with Software Engineering collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, Slack
? Demonstrable experience of Behaviour Driven Development with tools like Cucumber
? Experience developing software within a Micro-Service architecture and knowledge of when to utilise.
Accreditation & Qualifications
? Requirements Definition & Management - Level 5
? Testing - Level 6
? Programming / Software Development - Level 5
? Database Design - Level 6
? Technical Specialism - Level 6
? Relationship Management - Level 6
If you match these requirements, please apply in the normal way. Elevate will send you an email, please open, click and action that email and your application will be visible to the hiring organisation directly.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959502167