Senior RF Test Engineer
We are currently seeking a Senior RF Test Engineer that is competent with analogue or digital communication technologies. Someone that is happy working with an enthusiastic team of Engineers that are testing some really complex products. The location of this role is based in Fareham, Hampshire. There are so many opportunities with this company, if you are an independent engineer looking to take the next step then we are most certainly interested in speaking with you.
Senior RF Test Engineer
Salary; £35000 to £40000 - negotiable
Full time - Permanent
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Testing of wireless products to various test standards (the most common being ETSI and FCC) both within the chambers and radio test labs at Octagon House and in-situ at the customer's premises, which could be within the UK or overseas.
- Technically supporting customers during attended testing.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the applicable regulatory requirements or defined Test Plan supplied by the customer.
- Close liaison with the Project Manager to ensure work is carried out accurately and within the timescales allowed.
- Recording test results using various electronic logbook systems and production of test reports, following company quality procedures.
- Development of new services, test methods and other departmental documentation.
- Helping to develop and refine test plans with the customer.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering with a RF / Radio content
- Experience of using RF test equipment such as Spectrum/network Analyser, Signal generator, RF Power meter, cellular test set etc
- Knowledge of EU and FCC Regulatory requirements
- Good understanding of using IT systems such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to deliver work independently or as a team, to defined deadlines
- Conscientious with good interpersonal, customer skills and commercial awareness
- A good understanding of analogue and digital communications technologies
- An interest in working in a test environment
- Motivated and enthusiastic, with a willingness to learn
- Flexible approach to work - willing to work shift/overtime or on customer sites as and when required
- Experience gained in performing RF accredited testing on a large variety of Wireless technologies, such as WLAN 802.11, Bluetooth, Zigbee, Cellular (GSM / W-CDMA / LTE), SRD 433/868MHz, Emergency Radio beacon etc.
If you would like to find out more or apply for this Senior RF Test Engineer position, please send your CV to ************************************ or give me a call on ************* I will be more than happy to talk through the role in more detail.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959511816