BI Project Manager
Industry - Insurance
Location - Crawley
Salary - £50-70K + bens
Skills - Business Intelligence, BI, Prince2, PMI, Project Management, Project Manager
Reporting to a BI Manager applicants will be experts in professional project management methodologies and the use of such approaches, in combination with the requisite interpersonal skills, to successfully deliver Business Intelligence (BI) projects in a complex and integrated application landscape.
The project manager should have an understanding of all aspects of business intelligence technology with an emphasis on the use of analytical and reporting tools. Candidate will demonstrate proven project management experience of business intelligence projects and data analysis in fast-paced/multiple project (size/scope and delivery timing) environment. Applicants will have strong background in Insurance and Finance as well as information systems or engineering, five plus years of experience with database technologies, stored procedure writing, and OLAP and data cube technology.
The managed projects typically exhibit high levels of complexity, risk, and impact on the company. The delivery capability utilises a 2-vendor outsourced model, engaging both offshore and onshore resource. An incumbent in this position typically manages several projects at a time, with varying levels of functional and technical scope and scale. Such projects may seek to realise both strategic and operational benefits. Applicants should therefore be comfortable building and presenting the business case for such benefits, including the requisite quantative and qualitative justification.
- A recognised PM qualification in Prince 2, PMI, CPM is desirable
- Good knowledge of formal project management methodologies including a solid understanding of when and where both soft and hard skills are appropriate
- Ability to manage projects in a dynamic development environment
- Ability to manage stakeholders and assertive personalities; ability to persuade, influence and direct the business community and keep key users onside and bought-in
- Highly organised, extremely goal oriented mindset; logical, thorough and detail-oriented.
- Appreciation understanding of data warehousing, data architecture, data modelling, modelling, master data management, ETL, OLAP, BI
- Expertise in understanding and communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Understanding the role of data in delivering business benefit and a
- Strong knowledge of MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word required
- Good knowledge of enterprise portfolio management tool Clarity is preferred
- Experience of successfully delivering cross functional projects to approx. 100 man days in accordance with at least one formalised project methodology
- Significant technical expertise, ideally gained via the developer route, covering design, estimation, development and implementation.
- Significant experience of project delivery over (or including a significant component of) one or more of the following: enterprise data environments, management information, statutory reporting, analytics, , web based applications, document management and / or policy management
- Experience of managing small and medium sized projects
- Experience of the financial services sector, preferably general insurance
- Experience of working with outsource providers with an on/offshore model
If you possess the above along with excellent communication skills apply NOW!!!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959507586