Software Development Lead
Do you like creating clean code whilst influencing strategy? Are you experienced in defining what tools to use? Would you like to work for an innovative engineering company? Can you use the Microsoft technology stack effectively to achieve results?
A one-of-a-kind engineering company based in Bristol is looking for a skilled Senior Developer wanting to step up or a well established Software Development Lead to maximise the use of the Microsoft stack to develop and drive their development function, being a hands on coder and whilst shaping a brand new team.
Reporting directly into Head of IT Solutions Delivery, if you're the successful candidate you will be responsible for all of the company's development function and will provide advice and training to end users in the customisation, support and use of the applications you and your team have built.
This is hands on coding, client-facing role which combines deep technical knowledge with the ability to clearly communicate technical matters.
- Build out and maintain a strong Development team that will be coding in OOP principles.
- Maintains a positive and enthusiastic approach as a general style, whilst remaining resourceful and self-driven.
- Responsibility for process and procedures to ensure document configuration management, modification management, build management, version controls, and gate review documentation are adhered to.
- Management of the transition of Development code into the production environment. Ensure all changes are tested, documented and version controlled using TFS.
- Manage the acceptance and support of bespoke applications developed by third party companies.
- Able to quickly develop good working relationships and wide network within the business.
- Ability to communicate effectively with third party consultants and internal executives both verbally and in writing, making presentations where relevant.
- Knows how to plan and organise tasks.
- Is enthused by a change agenda and willingly accepts the need for change in methods, procedures, materials, tools or technology.
- Is pro-active about using the expertise and input of others.
- Strong commercial experience with enterprise-level systems.
- A real passion and interest in technology
Key Technical Skills
- Microsoft stack - .NET / ASP.NET / .NET Core / C#
- Strong knowledge of TFS
- Good experience with SQL Server development
- Working knowledge of Agile (3 week sprints)
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: ************************************-statement
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959454180