BI Test Analyst
BI Test Analyst
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and professional BI Test Analyst to support the implementation of a QA strategy aimed at BI and Data testing and automation testing wherever possible across all BI and Data projects undertaken.
The position will include system testing of key software products, Support the delivery of complete enterprise automation testing to increase test productivity and reduce total project turnaround time while ensuring maximum test breadth and depth and quality assurance.
Being part of a medium sized, dedicated test team, the Test Analyst will be responsible for advocating new test technologies and processes and leading the use of these same technologies and processes. The Test Analyst will work to transfer knowledge to other team members while supporting the team lead?s initiatives.
You will be working closely with Test Leads, Dev Leads, DBAs, Development, QA and Release Management teams and your opinion and the code you write will influence the test strategy as well as coding and design standards used.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Experience in Agile testing
- Experience Automation frameworks and writing automation tests
- Experience testing Extract Transformation Load processes (ETL / ELT)
- Experience in testing Reporting technology (Looker, Qlikview, tableau, SSRS, etc?)
- Strong technical skills (QA, development environments, automated testing, build/deployment automation)
- SQL Server / Oracle
- Microsoft Visual Studio / TFS
- Knowledge of cloud computing (AWS, Azure, etc?) useful
- Experience in writing test plans and test scripts
- Experience in writing automation test scripts
- Proven ability to write complex SQL queries
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Support the implementation of agile test coverage strategy in conjunction with the developer team
- Work with the QA team lead, technical architects, project managers and development team lead to streamline the release of high quality product from the IT department to Live environments
- Work with the developer team to support the agile project development of a continuous integration environment
- Work with the QA team to improve the BI test strategy including automation of testing
Working hours may need to be flexible to support delivery of various plans and releases.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959510039