Software Engineer - Java - Government and Defence
Software Engineer (Java) - Contract - Gloucester - Government and Defence
Our client is seeking talented Software Engineers at all levels to join their team in Gloucester, working within a rapidly growing environment.
The successful candidates may be working in Scrum/Agile development teams, performing full stack web development, user interface design, requirements analysis, conduct research & development on new software technologies and pursue new business.
- Will be experienced in java and web services and be able to work in an Agile team
- Has experience of designing and developing innovative software solutions
- Be able to work in a client facing role
- Will be keen to learn a broad range of technologies on the Java stack
- Experience in software development and unit testing using Java
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in order to meet the needs of a wide range of external and internal service clients and to develop effective working relationships with our customers and partners
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience in mentoring/technical coaching of junior members of the team
- Experience or interest in User Experience (UX) techniques and designing and developing user interfaces
- Experience of UK Government working practices
- Experience with Spring/Spring Boot/Spring Cloud
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with Continuous Integration e.g. Jenkins / Bamboo
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with SCALA and the Play framework
- Experience with Micro-services
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959509658