- Offers expert advice on the prescription and use of medications.
- Dispenses drugs to patients and provides advice on how to take them safely.
- Counsels patients on appropriate dosing and routes of administration.
- Supervises the prescriptions dispensed to patients to ensure their safety, quality, and compliance with applicable law.
Reports to: Pharmacy Manager/ Director
- Provide a safe and efficient Pharmaceutical Service in conjunction with the Pharmacy Manager within the accepted legal and professional requirements using relevant policies and procedures and the GPhC code of ethics.
- Dispenses medications to patients
- Checks patients' prescriptions for accuracy and safety, ensuring no drugs are contraindicated with one another. This includes care home and MDS patients.
- Ensures legal compliance with the pharmacy, reviewing labels, doses, and procedures.
- Secures and inventories controlled drugs to maintain compliance with regulations
- Supervises and trains other pharmacy staff, such as pharmacy technicians and assistants
- Communicates with doctors about prescriptions and other healthcare professionals
- Advises patients on the proper use of prescription medication and answers questions about the drugs
- Discusses side effects and potential adverse interactions of drugs with patients
- Offers various health-screening services, such as blood-pressure monitoring, Flu vaccine administration, EHC,
- Assists the Pharmacy Manager to manage the pharmacy's inventory and budget
- Remains apprised of latest pharmaceutical products, developments, and laws
- Uses pharmacy computer system to maintain records and track inventory
- Teaches other healthcare professionals about the prescription of various drugs
- Ensure full personal and staff compliance with company SOPs, and review on an ongoing basis for the avoidance of risk.
- To manage the collection of prescriptions and home delivery service ensuring an efficient service that meets the needs of the pharmacy, surgeries, and patients.
- Visit Care homes and carry out audits where appropriate.
- Ensure that all enhanced services are proactively offered to patients and customers and opportunities for new services are highlighted so that appropriate action can be taken. E.g. MUR?s NMS?s It is recognized that some services will be affected by religious or moral beliefs (See Medicines Ethics and Practice Guide).
- Project a positive image of the company as its representative, both to company staff and external organizations.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety requirements are met and that all necessary records are kept/maintained and staffs are aware of their own personal responsibilities for Health and Safety.
- Promote and maintain good, long-term customer relations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all relevant Healthcare Professionals including GPs, practice and district nurses, care homes and action teams.
- To actively provide locally commissioned services in conjunction with the Pharmacy Manager and to claim for this activity in the appropriate way.
- Ensure maximum reimbursement through accurate dispensing and endorsing procedures, including any specific instruction from the Directors.
- Secure existing business through the use of the Prescription Collection Service to a minimum level as agreed.
- Identify new opportunities to grow the business and seek Director approval before proceeding.
- Assist the Pharmacy team to ensure that the range and level of stock is maintained to a level that meets the needs of the business.
- Maintain high retail and dispensary housekeeping standards.
- Ensure high standards of security practice within the pharmacy premises.
- Attend meetings or training events called by local Healthcare Professionals, or Directors whether within or outside normal business hours.
- Monitor local competitor activity and respond accordingly, ensuring your Regional Director is kept informed.
- Ensure any Business plans for the pharmacy are maintained.
- Assist the Pharmacy Manager to structure and staff the pharmacy in accordance with the agreed personnel staffing guidelines set by your Regional Director
- Maintain effective employee relations according to company policies and employment laws and ensure relevant HR procedures are followed.
- Engage in all daily and monthly activities within the branch to include cashing up, tracking sheets, end of month prescription procedures and submitting of prescriptions on time. Complete relevant training for example Health and Safety, Information Governance (IG). CPPEs etc.
- Registered with GPhC and compliant with standards for pharmacy practice.
- Maintain a CPD record which reflects personal training needs and encompasses relevant current developments in keeping with the requirements of the profession.
- Good attention to detail and high levels of concentration.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent team working skills.
- High level of IT literacy and numeracy.
Full Time, Permanent
35,000.00 - 35,000.00 £ per year
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959509273