Bradford, West Yorkshire
Reporting to the development team leader the role of senior developer is primarily a hands on software development role. Working in a close team, collaborating with developers, testers and product owner/business analyst to deliver high quality bespoke business systems.
In addition to software development the senior developer supports and assist the team leader in the day-to-day operation of the development team. They also contribute to software systems design (working closely with the systems architect) and assist in the mentoring and development of other members of the department.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The senior developer:
- Develops software changes with appropriate accompanying unit tests and does so independently requiring little to no supervision.
Implements and improves CI and build infrastructure.
Contributes to test automation frameworks.
Manages tasks and requirements within an Agile delivery framework.
Contributes to refinement of deliverables, including sizing and technical review/specification.
Reviews and assists in the development/improvement of software delivery processes.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in implementing large scale (enterprise) bespoke business applications.
- Experience in software design patterns enabling these to be used appropriately in system designs.
- In depth knowledge of the C# programming language and the MicroSoft .Net framework
- Experience working in Agile environments and knowledge of a broad range of delivery methodologies.
- Knowledge of test frameworks and experience implementing appropriate unit test coverage.
- In depth knowledge of SQL and database principals coupled with experience working with large scale RDBMS based applications.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959513622