First Line Manager
We are currently recruiting for a dynamic First Line Manager who has career progression and achievement as their main goals. My client is happy to help mentor and develop the correct candidate in order to enhance their careers into senior management through this vacancy.
My client is a multi-national third party logistics provider who is currently looking for an First Line Manager to join their expanding team in Nottinghamshire. The in-house contract that the successful candidate will be employed upon has just undergone a seven year extension, thus providing long-term stability and security.
The successful First Line Manager will be responsible for a team of up to 85 colleagues across a variety of morning and afternoon shifts. You will be reporting on a daily basis into a Shift Operations Manager, but you will need to have further relationships with key stakeholders in transport; despatch and HR to conduct your daily duties.
You will be accountable for the following general areas/responsibilities:
- Achievements of key performance KPI's
- Assist in team development and supporting a culture of change.
- Help mentor and develop a full team training plan in conjunction with the on-site training time.
- Help motivate a close-knit team in a continuous improvement environment.
- Plan and control the allocated resources effectively within the team.
- Conduct various HR and back-to-work meetings.
- Work in conjunction with the on-site Union to develop performance.
As a First Line Manager you will be required to have prior hands-on experience within the industry. You will be seen as a person who wants to develop change and help move towards the senior levels of management within logistics. Additionally you will desirably have the following skills:
- Ideally degree level of education (BA,BSc,BEng)
- Experience managing upwards of 60 employees and team leaders.
- Ability to commute within the wider Nottinghamshire area.
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualified
- History of continuous improvement - Six Sigma, Kaizen, Lean Management.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959501057