SNOC Officer - IT Systems Administrator
Demonstrated ability to operate within established standard processes and procedures
Proficient in customer and stakeholder relations with demonstrated good communication skills
Demonstrated ability to prioritise and operate under pressure
Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality documentation with a focus on attention to detail
Fully aware of the ITIL v3 principles and methodology
Proven technical skills in:
- Windows Server 2008
- Microsoft Active Directory & GPO?s
- VMWare V5
Previous security clearance is not required, but to be successful the candidate will need to attain Metropolitan Police NPPV2 clearance before employment could commence. KBR will coordinate the security clearance application as part of the candidate selection process.
Have experience working within a secure environment preferably HMG or carrying out protective monitoring.
Ideally technical skills in at least 3 of the following:
- Exchange 2010 / Mail Marshal
- NetApp / SAN Infrastructure
- Citrix Access Gateway and Citrix XenApp
- Pen Testing with Nessus
- Antivirus Products
- Solarwinds Orion
Work within a small team of multi-skilled technicians to provide Information Security, Server/Storage and Network (LAN/WAN) support working within the Secure Network Operations Centre (S-NOC) based in Leatherhead, Surrey.
The environment is accredited under the HMG Security Policy Framework (SPF) and holds data up to IL3 ? Restrict. The secure infrastructure covers Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Servers, Storage and IPT Voice.
The SNOC is a secure operations room within a segregated project area and exceeds IL3 for Information Security. Restrictions are in place governing the use of mobile telephones/smartphones and internet access in and from within the environment.
UK Travel will be required to support the environment. The candidate needs to both have a full UK driving license and access to their own vehicle.
Reporting to the S-NOC Lead, this role will be responsible on a day to day basis for carrying out activities related to monitoring, managing and maintaining the security, integrity and availability of the infrastructure and systems.
As part of the project team, specific duties include:
- Investigating and assisting to resolve all Security Incidents
- Carrying out regular Protective Monitoring according to the HMG SPF Good Practice Guide 13.
- Proactive Server and Network infrastructure management, including:
- Ensuring that regular Anti-Virus & IPS Updates are carried out
- Performing regular Vulnerability Assessments covering all the deployed technologies and organising patching and upgrades as appropriate.
- Log Analysis, performance monitoring and capacity management.
- Ability to use diagnostic and monitoring tools as required.
- Investigating and assisting in the resolution of Infrastructure Issues and Major incidents
- Plan and action, moves, adds and changes to the environment in accordance to the KBR change control policies
- Ensuring the strict compliance to the IMPEX procedure for all devices, software, code and data brought into or taken out of the environment
- Ensuring User Management activities (e.g. Setup/Terminations) are carried out.
- Maintain Inventory and operational support documentation
- Interface with customer/s
- Interface with vendors, 3rd parties and suppliers of services
- Complying with all procedures and assisting SSM and S-NOC Lead in updating documentation and any other activities to support Annual Accreditation Review
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959510692