Cathedral Appointments are currently seeking an experienced Engineering Manager for a client based in Newton Abbot, Devon.
The client is a market leader in the manufacturing of precision metal parts and they require an Engineering Manager to come in and lead the engineering team, providing technical expertise and guidance as well as managing the cells NPI and continuous improvement. The Engineering Manager will also Monitor individual and operational performance by establishing, monitoring and delivering to appropriate KPI?s.
- Set objectives and manage individual performances throughout the team
- Coach, guide and develop team members as appropriate using 6 Sigma Green Belt techniques
- Develop and implement training plans in line with individual and business need
- Ensure that team members are fully aware of business activities and how they are linked to business strategy/company objectives
- Ensure consistent approach to NPI using the latest techniques
- Assist commercial department, manage suppliers and support customer requirements
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement
- Use data analysis to optimize and prioritise cost reduction opportunities
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in a number of manufacturing techniques
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written including report writing to internal and external customers
- A strong financial understanding in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands whilst meeting operational deadline requirements
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience using of a variety of application and software e.g. CAD, CAM, SPC
- Proven ability in latest problem solving techniques e.g. 6 Sigma
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a well established, International company. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. For more information on the position and how to apply please send an up to date CV or get in contact with Dan at Cathedral Appointments.
Keywords: Quality, Lean, Kaizen, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Operations, Production, PDCA, Engineering, Manager, Cell.
Location: Newton Abbot, Torquay, Exeter, Plymouth, Devon.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959509866