Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer - Electrically Biased
£35,000 Plus Overtime
My client and innovative well known food manufacturer based on the outskirts of Blackpool is looking for a self-motivated electrically biased maintenance engineer to join their expanding team.
There are genuine opportunities for progression on site for those who desire this. They need an engineer with a can do attitude who is interested on the continuous improvements side.
Shifts - Monday to Thursday Triple shift - 6-2/2-10/10-6 then one weekend out of 4 works either Saturday night or Sunday Morning - Also opportunity for overtime for engineers looking for this.
You will report directly to the Engineering Manager/Supervisor.
To provide a high standard engineering service to the site including the maintenance of plant, machinery and services to a safe and reliable standard so as to support the achievement of factory goals and objectives.
* Ensure plant and personnel (including external contractors) conform to Health & Safety legislation, policy and standards identifying any required actions so that the area of responsibility is healthy, safe and accident free.
* Delivering planned and reactive maintenance in order to achieve engineering KPIs.
* Compliance with all food safety policies and procedures (eg. HACCP, BRC)
* Supporting the Engineering Management Team through attendance of site meetings and completion of actions.
* To maintain company and statutory hygiene standards throughout designated areas including promoting the principles of basic food hygiene and good housekeeping.
* Establish and maintain effective communication channels.
* Utilise the use of CI tools on a daily basis.
* Identification of continuous improvement projects within the department.
* Bring forward suggestions and solutions to the Engineering Management to prevent poor machinery performance
* Identify required spares
* Modify plant and equipment to improve performance
* Keep a record of all maintenance activities undertaken
* Ensure all repairs are completed to a high standard
* Attend breakdowns promptly when required
* Ensure a good working relationship between Engineering and production
* Assist in the training of apprentices and machine operatives
* Operate to company rules at all time
* Carry out any reasonable instructions as requested by your manager/supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Interests
* Structured and practical engineering training (eg. apprenticeship / HNC / degree).
* Knowledge and experience of operating in a FMCG environment.
* Carries out straight forward tasks using software.
* Appropriate knowledge of HACCP and COSHH.
* Ensures own outputs meet required quality standards.
* Understands own responsibilities to treat others fairly and equally.
* Knowledge and experience of sweet making process, plant & technology.
* Be able to work alone, or as part of a team.
* Good problem solving skills.
* An understanding of engineering drawings and principles.
* An understanding of pneumatics and hydraulics.
* Good ability in maths, IT and science.
* Communication skills.
* Good practical and technical skills.
* The ability to work quickly and under pressure.
* Good understanding of Health and Safety legislation.
* An aptitude to develop new skills.
* Minimum of two years' experience working in a food manufacturing environment.
* Apprenticeship in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering.
Limits of Authority
* Stoppage of plant without authorisation from Engineering Manager/Supervisor.
* All expenditure must go through the Engineering Manager/Supervisor.
* Authorisation required before working overtime.
Please apply ASAP if this sounds like a role of interest to you, there is genuine progression here and it's an extremely exciting environment.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959487634