Head of Policy, Marketing and Communications
Totally Recruitment Ltd are currently recruiting for a Head of Policy, Marketing and Communications to join our clients Senior Management Team based within the Wolverhampton area.
You will be an energetic, creative and determined Head of Policy, Marketing and Communications. With our members at the heart of all we do, there is a tremendous opportunity to deliver an innovative policy and communications strategy and implementation plan to support the achievement of the organisations' ambitious vision and business objectives and continue to grow our membership base.
With a relevant qualification and/or experience in a senior role, you will have a proven record of accomplishment in Policy, Marketing and Communications in either the commercial or public sector. A strategic thinker, you will be a self-starter with excellent networking skills and an entrepreneurial flair. As a fantastic ambassador for the organisation, you will drive forward our Policy agenda and raise our profile through a proactive Marketing and Communications strategy whilst building productive relationships with key stakeholders. A good leader and motivator, you will be able to get the best out of your team and ensure targets are achieved to the highest standard.
Our client offers an attractive benefits package, a rewarding role within a great team and opportunities for personal and career development.
- Formulate policy strategy and direction to enable the Chamber to act as a respected and valued voice for members on key issues affecting them.
- Direct a programme of research to inform the strategic policy focus for the Chamber and ensure specialist research is carried out on behalf of members and other organisations when required. Linked to this, play an active part in the organisations activities including policy forums and responding to requests for information.
- As a high-profile ambassador, you will attend and speak at events for a wide range of partners in order that the Chamber is able to influence and contribute to key policy issues. You will take an active role in working with local Chambers especially those across the Midlands.
- Work within the Chamber?s governance structures to deliver a strong policy led agenda for businesses.
- Deliver key policy led projects and ensure the required targets and outcomes are achieved.
- Seek views and feedback from members, policy forums, local area boards, and other stakeholders to identify policy priorities and trends. Ensure all documentation reflects the diversity of the business community where appropriate
- Develop influencing materials including reports, papers and updates to support the representative body.
Marketing & Communications
- Develop and implement a communications and marketing strategy designed to generate new business and highlight the benefits of Chamber membership as well as promoting other key services such as training and opportunities that increase revenue.
- Implement a marketing and communications plan with the aim of building a good reputation, attracting additional income and supporting the Chambers' role as a voice for business.
- Represent the Chamber in the media, with the agreement of the CEO; brief and work with members to secure media appearances for them; brief and support the President and Chair through research, speech writing etc.
- Map the Chambers' key stakeholders and partners and shape marketing activity to complement the requirements of each stakeholder and to build productive relationships.
- Champion the brand image ensuring it is used to maximum effect to consistently promote the organisation. Manage all brands to create a positive profile and ensure core brand values and imagery are consistently communicated.
- Devise a web and digital strategy, which drives membership growth and ensures all information channels are up to date and accurate, as well as identifying opportunities for sponsorship and other income generation.
- Oversee the delivery of an ambitious and high profile programme of events and training designed to meet members' needs and raise the profile of the organisation.
- Manage the delivery of a range of projects and programmes ensuring that excellent standards are consistently achieved whilst budgets and outcomes are delivered to the satisfaction of members and partners.
- Plan and manage budgets identifying efficiency savings where possible. Negotiate best value outcomes through a commercial approach.
- Be an active member of the senior management team and deliver a focused, measurable contribution to the overall strategic plan operating in line with core values, principles, policies and procedures.
- Lead and motivate the Policy and Communications team, act as a role model for staff, providing mentoring and guidance. Ensure appraisals are effectively conducted and any performance issues are managed.
- Contribute to the development of the strategic business plan and ensure all employees are aware of how they can contribute.
- Take the lead on key strategic projects as appropriate. Deputise for the Chief Executive when required.
- Work positively and diligently within the best of your ability to ensure you meet the requirements of your job description.
- Be a problem solver and always seek to improve.
- Participate in internal/external meetings and training.
- Positively participate in one to ones and appraisals.
- Ensure that all relevant policies, procedures and working practices are adhered to at all times.
- Work in accordance with the organisations culture, values, aims and objectives.
- Act as a positive ambassador for the Chamber at all times when dealing with members or representing the business.
- Positively contribute to the team-working environment, taking ownership of issues and supporting colleagues where appropriate.
- Undertake any other duties that may be required from time to time.
You will be working within a great working environment with a strong team ethic. The Senior Managers act as role models to ensure high standards are achieved, in return you will receive the following?
- Competitive salary offered
- Company pension scheme
- Holidays ? 25 days plus bank holidays
Hours of work, 35 hours per week standard. Some flexibility is required if needed to attend some meetings outside of normal office hours.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please follow the application link below.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959454698