Fire Design Engineer / Fire Structural Engineer
OVERVIEW: Fire Design Engineer / Consultant / Fire Structural Engineer - to lead / contribute to Fire Engineering Design on a number of building construction projects at any one time
Salary £30K-£40K depending on experience, plus company car or car allowance depending on the seniority of the role plus fantastic benefits including bonuses, recognition awards, large training budget, pension, health, flexible benefits package.
My rapidly expanding prestigious client provides a wide range of pioneering engineering and environmental services to both private and public sector organisations. Today my client employs well over 200 professionals in numerous offices all over the UK and are continuing to grow their business both geographically and through the range of services they offer. They have featured in the top five of the Sunday Times Best 100 companies to work for as voted by staff a number of times in recent years!
THE ROLE & PROFILE SOUGHT;
My client has opportunities in locations across the UK for Fire Design Engineers to join my client's Building Performance Engineering team.
My client offers a highly progressive building performance service to clients which, as well as their highly successful Fire Engineering division, encompasses elements such M&E, sustainability, acoustics, air quality and building physics.
The Fire Engineering division is experiencing significant growth and has gained a reputation in providing pragmatic, forward thinking, progressive fire engineering services that challenge conventional thinking and adds considerable value for clients from concept through to delivery.
The team provides the following key services to clients:
- Advisement on applicable codes, standards and guidance
- Fire engineering design and analysis
- Fire strategy development
- Advisement on regulatory code compliance
- Means of escape design and analysis
- Evacuation analysis and pedestrian flow modelling;
- Structural fire protection design and analysis
- Structural optimisation analysis
- Fire impact analysis
- External fire spread analysis
- Smoke control design and analysis
- Computational Fluid Dynamic Analysis
- Design and specification of fire protection systems
- Construction phase consultation service
- Third party peer review.
Post occupation services:
- Fire management plan development
- Fire evacuation plan development
- Fire risk assessment.
Core job functions (dependent on seniority of role)
- Leading Fire Engineering design on a number of projects at any one time
- Early stage strategic input to design at site appraisal /massing stage
- Detailed design to construction status information and beyond into Post Occupancy Evaluation
- Mentoring and development of likeminded junior staff.
- A confident, outgoing and fun person who enjoys being part of a busy team
- An articulate communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills
- A self-starter who is tenacious in concluding tasks
- Someone with drive, ambition and enjoys change and variety
WHAT'S ON OFFER;
My client offers a competitive package that includes 25 days holiday, pension and a wide range of flexible benefits. My client supports equality in employment and has attained the Investors in People standard. You will undergo an excellent ongoing training program and continuing professional development.
If you are a strong match to the above role then please apply with a CV as soon as possible.
Keywords; Fire engineering, design, construction, Consultant, Specialist, building, structural, architect, surveyor,
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959509511