Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Elec/Mech)
To provide an effective reactive & preventative process support function covering both high speed manufacturing equipment & facilities plant (out of hours); thereby maximising equipment availability, performance and product quality whilst ensuring cost and safety outcomes are achieved.
- Provide process breakdown support/identify and recover fault situations.
- Utilising available analytical tools generate and assess key performance indicators and complete trend analysis.
- Carry out effective preventative maintenance.
- Identify and implement process improvements in order to maximise equipment availability.
- Execute routine safety checks and timely calibration of machines and equipment.
- Assist in the control and management of spares.
- Provide training to other member Support Team as and when required.
- Establish and maintain common ways of working (best practices).
- Creation of new and review/update existing Procedures.
- Participation within cross functional continuous improvement project teams
- Quality practice; understanding/recognition and compliance to Safe Working Practice
- Ability to problem solve
- Possess strong data evaluation/trending and general analytical skills
- Solid understanding of OEE concepts
- Proven flexibility and a strong team player
- Good prioritisation and communication skills
- Ability to operate workshop machine tools
- Working knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical/electronic control systems
- Minimum of 3 years process support experience working within a high speed manufacturing environment.
- Comprehensive understanding and sound knowledge of PLC controlled manufacturing platforms.
- Proven experience in all aspects of engineering principals and techniques.
- Involvement in Continuous Improvement projects/activities
- Time served Apprenticeship in Mechanical; Electrical/Electronic engineering is an essential requirement for the role.
- ONC/HNC or similar in Mechanical or Electrical/Electronic Engineering preferable.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959510711