IT Business Analyst
IT Business Analyst
Bristol, United Kingdom
Boeing Defence UK Limited (BDUK) was formed to synthesize the various activities of Boeing in the UK within the defence sector under a single business entity. As part of this integration process, a small, dedicated IT capability has been developed within the UK that can draw upon the considerable IT resources of the worldwide Boeing Company to deliver complex solutions to the business and its clients
We're looking to hire a Business Analyst who will be required to proactively engage with business departments to identify and define business requirements, then reach back to the rest of Boeing IT international resources and external suppliers to deliver solutions
As a part of a small team within a very large enterprise, the role requires a broad set of skills and a high degree of flexibility and adaptability. The job holder must not be constrained by a rigid job specification, and be sufficiently experienced to be able to pick up additional duties as necessary. They must be ?hands on? in their approach whilst always maintaining a focus on the higher level priorities of the business
The Business Analyst must be able to gain the confidence of both business and technical staff and act as the facilitator between both groups of staff. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator, able to present ideas and facilitate workshops. They will operate with a strategic mind-set, lifting conversations beyond the technical. The candidate must be a focused self-starter, with experience of working in a matrix organization, with the ability to discuss ideas and concepts with staff of all levels
BDUK is a diverse business engaged in delivering a variety of support services to clients both directly and via large-scale programmes. As such, the candidate would be expected to analyse requirements and define IT solutions across all business functions including Finance, HR, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing and Programme Management.
- Translates business requirements into business and functional specifications ensuring compliance with current standards and version controls so that they may be understood by Application, Infrastructure and Enterprise architects, application development teams and suppliers
- Develops and executes test plans and scripts to validate that system functionality meets business requirements. Ensures test scripts meet required standards and expected criteria. Documents test results and analyses test results to determine whether additional system modifications are required Ensures compliance with standards for testing, approvals, migration and implementation
- Supports bid delivery by soliciting requirements and engaging with the broader IT team to identify solutions
- Evaluates information gathered in order to correctly identify the problem/request, validate request classification or support the new development initiative
- Conducts alternative analyses to define boundaries of the problem/request and estimate effort
- Consults with customers in clarifying requirements by reviewing business process needs
- Analyses change requests, customer issues and relevant facts to determine estimates, risks and alternative solutions to business partners or process owners to gain approval and relative prioritization. Advises stakeholders and provides support throughout their decision making process
- Extensive business analysis experience gained within a dynamic, customer focused environment is essential
- Knowledge of supply chain management, procurement, engineering, finance, asset management, maintenance and support environments
- Demonstrable experience of working with staff at all levels, comfortable with conducting presentations and running meetings
- Effective written communication skills
- Degree level education background preferred.
- Sparx Enterprise Architect and DOORs knowledge
- Development of Use Cases and UML
- Broad knowledge of general IT management (such as application selection/development, IT infrastructure, project and supplier management)
- An understanding of the complications introduced when handling ITAR, Official-Sensitive/Restricted and Export controlled data
- Experience of working within the Defence sector
- Experience of working within a multinational matrix management environment / structure and a large-scale, complex international organization, but also within small teams
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959513166