Digital User Researcher - £450 pd (Ltd Co) - London - 6 Months
My client is looking for experienced User Researchers to be based in the new Digital and Technology Division at my clients London HQ to help deliver new and improved services right across the service they offer.
A successful candidate will have years of experience running user research as part of a user-centered design process, and will have delivered products and services in an Agile environment.
About the Digital Services Division
We're looking for talented and tenacious people to join our digital team in London, to take the lead in creating world-class services. My client was the first digital team in a government department, and the first to deliver an exemplar service.
Their aim is to make the system easier to use - with the help of the latest technology, and by relentlessly focusing on user needs. My client have over 120 staff, with experts in software development, design and user research, and work with around 50 organisations.
They use cutting-edge Agile development approaches to make rapid but meaningful improvements to public services that live up to the unique challenges of their responsibility to society.
They make digital services so good that anyone who can use them will prefer to use them. And their work doesn't end there; they improve the experiences of those who are often digitally excluded.
- Gather and analyse data on user behaviour using the most relevant and appropriate methods, including contextual observations, pop-up testing, iterative usability tests, surveys, analytics, and online experiments (e.g. A/B testing).
- Work with UX Designers, Product Managers, Developers and other professionals to prioritise research and identify opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing team delivering to stakeholders who manage critical national infrastructure.
- Collaborate with senior user researchers to gather and synthesize insights about users of the justice system.
- Translate research outputs into actionable insights by building great relationships with team members and involving them in the research.
- Understand and contribute to Assisted Digital service design.
- Demonstrate expertise in working as part of an agile software delivery team and contribute to agile team values and culture.
Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years conducting user research
- Degree Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, or related field
- In-depth understanding of user-centered design principles and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Experience working directly with Design, Software, Content and Product team members
- 3+ years conducting user experience research is preferred - demonstrated expertise in a relevant field
Outside IR35 - Please note that the client has determined that the off-payroll working rules will not apply to this assignment.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959512608