£40,000 to £55,000 - Central Manchester
A dynamic, market-leading global business located in Manchester, are looking at training an accomplished Java developer into Hybris. They are looking at investing an initial £10,000 within the first few weeks of starting.
After visiting this business yesterday, it was clear of their values and their priority on staff welfare and engagement. I hope this gives you a flavour of what to expect in their 100-person office:
- Newest and most prestigious office space in Manchester (I can send you pictures)!
- Amazing and unique, colourful and open plan floor space
- Cable Car (on real cables)
- Dining room (not just a kitchen) to sit 20 with sofa's
- 4 NEFF microwaves
- Unlimited Nespresso coffee (the manager commented "I didn't used to drink coffee, I do now"!)
- Dedicated conference / presentation room
- Individual and two - person work booths and 10 meeting rooms all with 40-inch screens!
- Pool table and table football
Their no.1 core value is Entrepreneurship; the group CEO espouses this continually. Saying "give it a go, if it doesn't work try again, but slightly differently and continually improve".
This hiring manager we met was inspiring, down to earth and genuine; qualities that he looks for in people on his team. This coupled with talent, learning ability and being 'understated', make his team truly exceptional.
"I've been in IT for 15 years now, and was so excited to get here whilst working my 3 months' notice; I arrived and it's even better than I imagined"!
What will you be doing?
- Developing and supporting their core application
- Using best practice development techniques
- Becoming a SAP Hybris expert
- Working closely with the rest of the team of 10
- Collaborating with Project Managers and liaising with stakeholders when necessary
- Deputising for more senior members on the team
What are the core attributes?
- Flexible and adaptable with a 'try it' attitude
- Solutions focused and pragmatic
- Someone who wants to embrace learning new technology
- Outstanding communication and energy
- 'Roll your sleeves' up approach
What are the essential skills?
- 2 years or more core Java experience
- Enterprise level web development experience
- Degree in computer science or similar
Please do not consider this opportunity if:
- You're a job hopper
- Just looking for a short term 'stepping stone'
- You want to work in a ridged 'super structured' environment
- You're not a team player
This role can easily fast track someone to a Senior position, if that's for you!
As well as working for a globally renowned organisation, with a highly competitive salary, your benefits will include:
- Opportunity to work autonomously and team
- Excellent 'flex' holidays - 25 days
- Flexible working, no fixed times (most people have left the office by 5pm)
If you would like to hear more about this role, please feel free to call Tim Wearing, I talk to the hiring manager regularly!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959510998