Technical Operator, Technical Support Engineer
Technical Operator, Technical Support Technician, Technical Support Engineer - Windows server, Active Directory, , ITIL, Linux, Windows Desktop, Networking - Harrogate, North Yorkshire - Up to £22K
Tank Recruitment are currently looking for a Technical Operator for a client of ours based in Harrogate.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in and support the operations shift rota, ensuring adequate cover is provided
- Complete Site-facilities tasks as required.
- Maintain and follow on-line process documentation, highlighting corrections and updates where applicable.
- Perform daily health checks/capacity checks in accordance with Ops Team schedules, escalating when required.
- Ensure that technical support call outs are completed in line with processes.
- Ensure that out of hours Problem records are completed in a timely manner and to the required quality.
- To ensure that any overnight problem records are followed up by the relevant service lines, with any outstanding issues dealt with to the satisfaction of the group.
- Ensure daily checks of the machine room are completed, carrying out actions that lead to rectification of any problems that occur.
- Ensure that customer calls are dealt with in an expedient and efficient manner, providing the necessary courtesies to the caller.
- To be conversant in escalation procedures and ensure that upon discovering discrepancies that these are highlighted to the senior IT Operator and SD Service Manager
- Provide support to management and business units, as requested, when a business disruption occurs
- The above list of main duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and you may be asked to carry out other adhoc tasks as and when required
Experience and Skills
- To provide IT operational support for all IT services largely based on Unix (AIX and Linux), and Microsoft Windows.
- To work on a dayshift, plus 24x7 shift rota when required, in support of the production systems.
- Ability to work alone and within a team.
- Understanding of Internet technology such as Web browsers and general concepts.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Methodical approach to work, with attention to detail.
- To possess strong organisational and time management skills.
If this is of interest then please send me your UTD CV.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959500214