Platform Ops Engineer
As a Platform Operations Engineer you'll be supporting a team with full responsibility for a section of a new build Digital Platform.
Working closely with the cross functional product teams, you'll make sure your product's environments are working as intended.
Key technologies within this business include Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Mulesoft Anypoint Platform, Spring Boot/Cloud, AppDynamics/New Relic, Splunk, Jenkins, GitHub, Jira, Confluence, JMeter, Selenium and Cucumber, in an agile operating model, with technologies such as Redis, AWS, MongoDB, Node.js, Kubernetes. React waiting in the wings.
As Platform Operations Engineer you will:
* Have a detailed knowledge of deployment, automation, orchestration, and monitoring tools (e.g Jenkins, Cloud Foundry, AppDynamics)
* Experience in highly available, highly scalable architectures
* Knowledge of SAML and JWT
* Have experience designing and building in the cloud (ideally AWS / Azure)
* Proven track-record in leading technology evaluation and adoption
* Be comfortable working within an agile, multidisciplinary team.
* Be a clear communicator, document your work, and share your ideas but also be open to giving and receiving feedback.
* Ask 'why', be inquisitive, and want to solve interesting problems
* Be prepared to challenge the status quo and always be pushing for smarter ways of working
* Strong Technical Skills
o Experience in micro services architecture and engineering
o Experience working on
? PaaS : Cloud Foundry/AWS
? Microservices : Mulesoft / Spring Boot / Spring Cloud
? APM : AppDynamics / New Relic
? LM : Splunk, ELK
o Exposure to emerging technologies in Cloud and Mobile space is desirable
* Influence and champion new ideas and methods
* Great communication - convey your thoughts, ideas and opinions clearly and concisely face-to-face or virtually to all levels up and down stream
* And equally important - you listen and reflect back what others communicate to you
* Be flexible under pressure
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Excellent organisational skills
* Ability to communicate with non-technical people
Immediate starts available - very quick turnaround - contracts likely to extend well into 2018
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959511549