Exams Officer job in Bristol
Your new school
An Ofsted 'Outstanding' Secondary school located in Central Bristol are looking for an experienced Exams Officer to oversee all aspects of examinations management within the school. This school holds an excellent reputation for their high-achieving standards and 'Outstanding' rating across the board. Teachers and staff work hard to ensure an inclusive culture is achieved.
Your new role
As an Examinations Officer, your main duties will be:
- Oversee all arrangements for all public examination entries eg GCSE and equivalent, Vocational subjects including Diplomas and AS and A2 examinations for Sixth Form students. NB there are currently no public examination arrangements at Key Stage 3, but if the government reintroduces these, they would also fall within the remit of the post.
- Organise the collection of registration and examination fees; organising, invoicing and ensuring money collected is credited to the relevant account, in liaison with the Finance Officer.
- Ensure all examination papers and stationery are delivered safely to the school, being responsible for their strict security and ensuring completed papers are dispatched promptly and appropriately.
- Be responsible for arrangements for the conduct of existing and new examinations including the provision of accommodation.
- Co-ordinate the team of invigilators, with the support of the Lead Invigilators, including recruitment, training, management and deployment of invigilation staff.
- Organise and coordinate the Exams and Coursework timetable for internal and external exams
- Oversee the administration for Coursework Programmes
- Advise Teachers and staff on coursework and exam regulations, ensure appropriate training is provided and prepare appropriate policy documents
What you'll need to succeed
- Ideally qualified to degree level or equivalent
- Relevant qualification in ICT or data management desirable
- Knowledge and Experience of working as an examinations officer, or in a similar role
- Experience of handling and manipulating large amounts of complex data
- Knowledge of relevant education policy and regulation (in particular, on data and assessment)
- Experience of supervising staff desirable
- Experience of organisation or project management in a complex environment involving liaison with multiple stake-holders and collaborative partners
What you'll get in return
By registering with Hays you will benefit from competitive rates of pay as well as regular contact from your own personal consultant. You will also have access to a wide range of Administration and School Management work opportunities, many for which are only available to Hays candidates as certain schools across Bristol and South Gloucestershire work exclusively in partnership with Hays.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77535065