User Acceptance Test Coordinator (UAT)
Role: UAT Co-Ordinator - User Acceptance Test Coordinator
Location: Exchange Quay, Manchester
Salary: £22,500 - 27,500 (dependent on experience)
Benefits: Staff bonus, matched pension contribution, study support scheme, onsite gym and more
Looking to develop a career with an award winning business in the financial services industry? AJ Bell could have just the opportunity for you.
AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £36.3 billion and more than 152,400 clients. Our award winning products include Small Self-Administered Schemes (SSAS), Self-Invested Personal Pensions (SIPP), ISAs and Dealing Accounts. We have our head office in Manchester, as well as a Media office in London and a stock broking office in Tunbridge Wells.
Our aim is to be to a market-leading provider of investment products and administration services in the execution-only and adviser markets.
We now seek a UAT Co-ordinator to co-ordinate and support User Acceptance Testing for all software releases.
- Obtain and record sign off from the relevant business area(s) for all deliverables
- Plan and co-ordinate UAT activities to ensure timely sign off; taking into account dependencies, environment and resource constraints, user support, priority, etc.
- Educate UAT testers and work with them to capture quality User Acceptance Testing scenarios before the UAT period begins
- Support the Agile teams and DevOps in carrying out UAT smoke tests following a deployment
- Assist in UAT processing by carrying out non-user tasks (e.g. running a job which runs automatically in Production, but is not scheduled in test)
- Triage all bugs raised in UAT and assist with their speedy resolution, including assigning to the relevant team where necessary
- Ensure UAT progress and results are visible
- Continually evaluate the UAT process and tools used and implement improvements and improve the quality of UAT
- Escalate issues and risks to the Test Manager
Competence, knowledge and skills:
- Good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle, sprint release process and activities surrounding it
- Understanding of software testing practices and principles
- Proficient in using AJ Bell systems (including Composer, Figaro, Tibco iProcess, II and websites) with a sound technical understanding
- Understanding of the wider business and how it operates
- Ability to communicate effectively on a number of different levels e.g. with UAT testers, developers, senior management
- Ability to change the perception of UAT through education and enthusiasm
- Excellent organisation and forward planning skills
You will have experience in UAT, User Acceptance Testing, User Acceptance Test Analyst, Test Engineer
In return we will provide all the training and support you need in order to develop within your role.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our strong guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year which are open to all employees.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 8.45am - 5.15pm
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959510740