Tax Accountant - Global organisation
Tax Accountant ? Global organisation
Salary: £40-50,000 + great benefits + 20% bonus
Our client is a household name business with an established in-house tax team. This role would suit a qualified (ACA, ACCA, ATT or CTA) tax accountant with proven large group compliance and reporting experience ' this will have been gained in-house or a big 4 accountancy firm.
You will need to have a 'can do attitude' and be excited by the thought of taking ownership of the full tax reporting agenda for a major business.
As the Tax Accountant you will prepare and submit timely, accurate, complete, and compliant direct and indirect tax returns for the Group, including UK parent holding company. Supporting the Senior Tax Manager, this role will provide tax related advice to the business in order to carry out transactions in a compliant and tax efficient manner.
- Overseeing preparation of the group?s UK corporation tax computations prepared by external advisers, ensuring tax liabilities are minimised whilst complying with tax law.
- Prepare calculations for all other UK tax compliance obligations including: Employment Tax, VAT, CCL/Fuel Duty etc
- Technical research and support for discrete tax projects
- Prepare accurate tax figures for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and forecasting requirements.
- Prepare tax disclosures for statutory accounts.
- Improvements to tax provision and reporting processes to achieve efficiency and quality gains.
- Dealing with queries from HMRC.
- Helping the department understand and stay on top of legislative changes.
- Degree educated and fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, ATT or CTA)
- Post-qualification experience around corporate tax compliance and reporting in major accounting firm / large corporate
- Strong interpersonal skills to build key relationships, both internally and externally.
- Strong knowledge of tax accounting under UK GAAP and IFRS.
- Approachable and self-motivated personality, who has the ability to work on their own initiative to meet deadlines.
- Problem solver, able to work independently and bring new ideas.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Show track record of pre and post qualification tax experience either in-house or in practice in at least one direct or indirect tax specialism, corporate tax or VAT
- Demonstrate strong accounting skills as well as ability to reconcile underlying records to tax returns
- Show a record of advisory experience for business/clients which reflects the ability to make a decision for the company?s transactions within the tax law but in the best interests of the company
- You will be open minded, embrace new ways of working, with the ability to step out of your comfort zone seek out new opportunities and look to continuously learn.
- Able to work on own initiative and juggle priorities, keen to learn and update skills in a changing tax landscape
To apply please email your CV, or call for more details.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959505433