Supportability Engineer (LSA/ILS)
Supportability Engineer (ILS/LSA)
Supportability Engineer needed for a well known defence organisation based near Manchester. My client is looking to employ a Supportability engineer with Minimum of 4 years experience undertaking Supportability Engineering with a bias towards Logistic Support Optimisation and Analysis and Logistic Support trade off analysis. Ideally they are looking for someone who has a background in Defence, although other sectors will be considered. In addition working knowledge of the below would be beneficial:
* Support Options Matrix (UK MoD)
* Support Solutions Envelope (UK MoD)
* Supportability Repository for example EAGLE and OMEGA PS
* Level of Repair Analysis
* JSP886 or ASD3000L or MIL-STD-1388 standards
* Supportability Analysis.
Some of the main duties will include:
* Able to identify problems and propose possible solutions, taking into account the effect on Programme cost, schedule, performance and long-term support implications.
* Undertake Supportability Engineering Analysis including:
o Logistic Support Analysis (Familiarity with DEF STAN 00-60 Tasks)
o Production / Inputs to the Supportability Case Reports
o Influence Design for Supportability
o Write, maintain and deliver Logistic Support Analysis Plan / Programme
o Tailor and Management of Statement of Work for Equipment Suppliers
o Provide Inputs to the Integrated Support and Supply Support Plans
o Support Solutions Envelope, including Key Support Areas
o Understand LSA related requirements and production/ delivery of support artefacts.
* Undertake Supply Support tasks including codification.
* Ability to identify risks and issues and propose possible solutions
* Ability to work with the design engineers and provide Supportability Inputs.
* Attendance at Internal and External Design Reviews.
* Contribute towards the development of Support Solutions during the bids and proposals stage
In order to be the successful Supportability Engineer you will ideally need to have the following:
* Ability to work within a team environment.
* Good standard of written and spoken English
* Working knowledge of a range of military and defence standards.
* Competent in undertaking a range of tasks within the Integrated Logistic Support discipline at Sub-system, Line and Shop Replaceable Unit levels
* Knowledge and experience of UK MoD procurement and support policy
* Computer literate with practical use of Integrated Logistic Support software packages
* Awareness of the following is advantageous:
o Supply Support
o Other specialist engineering disciplines including Safety and Human Factors Integration
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Supportability Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959506894