Software Test Enginer
Software Test Engineer: Kettering: £30,000 - £35,000 + benefits
Broster Buchanan are working with a client based in Kettering that are looking to recruit a Software Test Engineer.
The Software Test Engineer is responsible for the independent testing of all software produced by the Systems Team as part of a project or LWS product delivery to ensure the quality of software delivered to customers.
- Test software systems in house
- Develop and carry out test scripts, both manual and automated
- Build and develop in house capabilities for integrated testing to complement those provided by Integration team, but that are able to stand alone
- Assist in the development of emulation and other testing tools
- Setup test data appropriate to the level of testing
- Use the 'Bugzilla' / 'Jira' system to report faults in core package software.
- Involvement in and recommendation of product developments relating to test systems
- Assisting with the development of the project quality plan and responsibility for ensuring quality through the project process.
- Involvement in system design reviews to provide a test perspective
- Use experience gained on previous projects and in previous companies to challenge the software design and system operation
- Understands and supports the use of common standards across the team and the company
- Looks for opportunities for process improvement. Communicates those appropriately to the process owner, collaborates in quality workshops and supports implementation of change
- Experience of working with WMS & WCS applications and LWS
- Able to create manual test scripts from Functional Descriptions
- Able to create automated test scripts using automated framework e.g. Jenkins
- Proven Skills in C++ or C#
- Able to use the Acceptance Test Scripts and Data to test software thoroughly prior to delivery to FAT.
- Able to log faults clearly providing relevant data where possible.
- Able to log progress as a part of the testing cycle.
- Understands how to create a suitable data-set for testing.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959510744