Abatec is proud to be working with one of the top 5 civil engineering main contractors in the UK; and will be assisting with the recruitment of a freelance Section Engineer based in the Bristol region. The successful candidate will have the privilege of working on a multi-million pound marine bias project associated with Hinkley Point C. Abatec's client can offer a long term, stable contract in a vibrant working environment full of like minded professionals.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply now as we expect a large volume of applications due to the nature of the project.
As Section Engineer you will:
- Coordinate technical information used to construct the works
- Issue work permits
- Highlight technical issues and communicate problems to the design team
- Coordinate and direct subcontract resources to ensure compliance with the programme
- Complete QA and health and safety documentation, including checklists, material approvals, lift plans, inspection and test plans, RAMS and NCRs
- Assist the survey team to provide adequate and relevant setting out information
Our client is looking for someone with:
- An HNC or degree level qualification in civil engineering
- An understanding of engineering principles
- A good technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices
- Computer competency in MS Word, Excel and document control systems
- The ability to read technical drawings on CAD software
- 6-12+ month duration
- £250 - £310 per day (dependant on experience)
- Long term, stable contract with a highly reputable civil engineering company
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Ben Knight. The reference for this vacancy is 127518.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment business on behalf of a client.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959509736