Accounts Assistant Manager (Accountancy Practice)
My client is a very progressive and forward thinking firm of Chartered Accountants, with an excellent reputation amongst the local business community. Due to their continued success in attracting new clients, this firm is looking to recruit high flying Accounts Senior or experienced Client Manager to take ownership of a portfolio of clients.
Your duties in this varied and interesting role will include:
* Running a small, varied, portfolio of owner managed business clients
* Working closely with Partners/Directors to ensure clients' needs are met, and supporting them in dealing with their responsibilities to clients
* Overseeing the preparation of annual accounts, Corporation Tax computations and directors' Income Tax Returns
* Providing routine tax, accounting and general commercial advice to clients
* Resolving accounting and tax problems as they arise
* Ensuring that working papers, financial statements, tax returns and client files are prepared in accordance with the firm's accepted standards
* Supervising junior staff, and supporting them as appropriate
This role would suit a candidate with the following attributes:
* Either newly / recently qualified ACA / ACCA (or equivalent), or experienced and qualified AAT
* Good accounting and tax knowledge at the level needed to provide routine advice of a non-specialist nature
* Enthusiastic self-starter, who enjoys new client activity and opportunity to progress career to Manager level
* Personable and approachable to clients, and willing to be flexible in order to attend site meetings and complete work to deadlines.
* Knowledge of accounting software packages desirable (e.g. Sage, QuickBooks, Xero, etc.)
In exchange my client offers a great working environment, the opportunity to work with a high performing and supportive team, and an excellent benefits package coupled with a highly competitive salary.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been waiting for, then I want to hear from you. Please apply today addressed to Rob Emsley and quoting job reference RE3887.
Trial Balance is a market leading supplier of recruitment services to accountancy practices across the South-West and works on vacancies at all levels in a practice environment. For a confidential discussion about your career options please contact Rob Emsley, our dedicated practice specialist.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959505745