Management Accountant - 12 Month FTC - Barnet An excellent opportunity has arisen for a management accountant to join our team based onsite at the London Borough of Barnet About Capita | London Borough of Barnet
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. In 2013 Barnet Council awarded Capita a 10 year contract to run the council's main internal support services, including finance, HR, IT and estates
- To provide a range of accounting, budgeting and related accountancy functions across the council's services, to delivery unit directors, commissioning directors, budget holders/ managers, business partners, senior business partners and elected members.
- To support business partners and senior business partners in all aspects of their role
- Take responsibility for providing sound, pro-active and flexible financial advice and accounting support services to managers and business partners at all levels and ensure that effective and proactive support is available and provided at all times
- Ensure that comprehensive procedures are developed & maintained that are compliant with all Council policies, best practice and statutory requirements
- Facilitate training on budget and financial matters to both service managers and business support staff, providing directly, where necessary and appropriate.
- To contribute towards ensuring the service is delivered in line with relevant contractual performance indicators and commitments
- To have a good understanding of the Integra financial management system and be able to close down the system at the end of the period, provide end of period reports and provide system administration support for the system.
- Ensure that the analysis of income and expenditure meets the requirements of budget managers and is available for them to easily interpret and understand from Integra
- Carry out tasks within the closing of accounts and other corporate processes, ensuring timetables are met and supporting information standards are achieved
- Accurately complete and submit returns and grant claims in line with specified deadlines and compile requisite supporting information for external inspection as required
- To assist in completing all period end processes, final account preparation, facilitation of budgeting and planning and internal and external reporting activities in accordance with required timescales and current accounting standards
- Qualified AAT or equivalent
- Experience of developing productive, meaningful, trusted and positive senior stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working on own initiative with limited supervision or direction.
- Extensive knowledge of financial IT systems.
- Ability to analyse, interpret, understand and disseminate complex and detailed technical and professional issues in an easy to understand way
- Commitment to maintain professional and ethical standards.
- Part qualified CCAB Accountant
- Public sector accounting and budgetary experience, sound knowledge of local government finance framework, accounting principles and standards, statutory requirements and relevant codes of practice.
- Projects involving innovation and the management of change.
- Use of Integra system and management and development of associated processes.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership. Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959507652