2nd/3rd Line Deskside Support Engineer - Cambridge
We are currently looking for a highly customer-focused and enthusiastic Deskside Support Engineer with a genuine interest in solving peoples IT issues. The successful candidate should be technically competent, possess good communication skills and be willing to collaborate with the wider IT support teams.
This role is based in Cambridge and day to day activities include resolving a wide variety of desktop software and hardware issues and requests, while minimizing disruption to our users.
- To provide high-quality, highly visible desk side and floor-walking support functions to the customer and log such activities through the call systems as work is completed.
- To install pre-defined computer ?images? onto desktop and laptop computers in the case of a serious system failure.
- To install or re-install any applications onto PCs in line with installation procedures.
- To perform diagnostic services using all available resources, including the use of other customer-based and external support parties.
- Participate in an Out of Hours rota to provide support for emergency calls outside of normal working hours.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support for all hardware and software IT-related issues and incidents.
- Hardware break fix on PC's, Laptops and Printers.
- Installation of IT hardware; printers, pcs, switches, servers, cabinets, etc.
- To manage hardware repair through the customer defined warranty routes.
- Work collaboratively with other teams where incidents and service requests require cross-functional activities.
- Parts ordering and understanding of stock control processes.
- Document all triage and knowledgebase information, including new and changed services, procedural changes, etc. as appropriate.
- A broad technical knowledge of IT, PC?s/peripherals and their architecture
- Proven software and hardware troubleshooting skills
- In-depth knowledge of standard SW issues including Windows OS, Office Suites and core application suites
- Experience in server admin & network support.
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Excellent organisational skills, able to take a methodical approach to service issues
- Able to work both on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet SLA's and remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join us and as an employee you will gain access to a large library of training courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development.
We also offer an excellent benefits package including personal pension plan, and various other flexible benefits including private medical cover, life insurance, and flexible holiday to name a few.
Apply now for consideration!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959505321