Internal Audit Manager
My Client is a growing, ethical bank based in new offices in central Birmingham, who have exciting growth plans and an aim to deliver a professional, first class service to customers.
The role of Internal Audit Manager, is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing bank where they can offer exceptional opportunities for you to make your mark and progress your career.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Scoping, planning, and completing, risk-based internal audits across the bank in accordance with the Internal Audit plan;
- Delivering high quality audit working papers and reports to the Head of Internal Audit for review;
- Providing the Head of Internal Audit with progress updates as required;
- Lead, manage, develop and motivate Internal Auditor(s) in line with the Banks Management Charter to ensure they know what is expected of them, maximise their performance and develop their potential.
- Assisting with the preparation of reports to the Audit Committee and other executive committees;
- Deputising for the Head of Internal Audit as required.
- Deliver one off activities and projects to the outcomes and standards agreed with line manager.
Key Performance Measures
- Delivers internal audits in accordance with the annual Internal Audit plan and the Internal Audit Methodology;
- Effectively manages the work of the Internal Auditor;
- Meets personal development objectives set by the Head of Internal Audit;
- Demonstrates behaviour appropriate to working in a regulated financial service firm;
- Complies with the firm?s policies and procedures, including those relating to conduct in the workplace.
Ideally, my client is looking for exposure to a variety including;
- Asset & Liability Management
- Bank Branch Audits
- Board Committee Effectiveness
- Change/Project Management
- Commercial Property Finance
- Compliance Function
- Conduct Risk
- Credit Risk
Not essential, but qualifications from bodies such as ICAEW, ACCA, CIIA, CISI, ICA, etc. are of some relevance.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959505264