Mechanical Design Engineer, Manchester, £40,000
For 70 years my client has been a world leader in the design, manufacture and supply of inspection equipment to the coatings industry. Ever since the first device was manufactured in 1947, our philosophy has been to provide ?best in class? design, quality and service at a competitive price. By concentrating on these core values, my client has grown into a global network with representation in over 70 countries and Company offices in 9 countries.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Design Engineer to help us take the next step in our evolution as a company. To provide industry leading, innovative, high quality products; supported by a best-in-class customer experience at a competitive price.
Do you: -
See design as an opportunity to improve the life of the customer and create impact?
Are you resilient and tenacious?
Are you driven by purpose and impact?
Have a voracious appetite for information and knowledge?
Have a growth mind set?
- Research and Develop new products from concept through to production
- Verification of new designs using simulation software.
- Proactively enhance our product development processes and best practices
- Be accountable for release outcomes; supporting production, QA and customer service teams with reviewing products and assessing overall quality
- Act as liaison with key team members and stakeholders to ensure we build the right things, at the right time
- Facilitate solutions design, assess the technical impact of opportunities relating to your projects
- Prioritize, define, and validate features, aligned to strategic initiatives.
- Write documentation including product scope, test cases, and issues.
- Partner with sales to understand and prioritize user issues and requests
- Implement analytics to validate success in terms of task success, and satisfaction.
- Champion innovation and continuous improvement
- Represent our values: Pride, Ownership, Ethics, Focus, & Initiative.
- Monitor industry updates and stay up to date with standards for your industry.
- Have 4+ years of overall industry experience with at least 2+ as a Design Engineer
- Passionate about mechanical design, our vision, and problem solving
- Experience in 3D and 2D design preferably with some simulation experience.
- Strong track record working with multiple departments to deliver products & projects
- Clear and precise communication skills, and ability to work with multi-skilled teams in a rapidly growing environment.
- Amazing organizational and problem-solving skills, balancing projects to rigid timelines.
- Desire to contribute to a culture of craftsmanship, impact, speed, empathy, and shared success
- Hands-on with tools for project management, product development, and problem solving.
- Autodesk Inventor and Vault Experience
- Pressure vessel design
- CFD and Airflow analysis & calculations
- JIRA software
- Epicore ERP/MRP
- Basic electronics ? incorporating electronics into mechanical assemblies
- An opportunity to work for a family run, continually expanding, world leader.
- Exposure to advanced technologies in the field.
- A discretionary bonus scheme based on quarterly sales targets
- A competitive pension scheme
- 23-day holiday entitlement, rising to 25 days after two years? service plus bank holidays
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959508787