GTS Apprentice Application Support - Colchester
If you are aged 16 ? 24, have 5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Mathematics), and would love to work in IT, then you can apply for an Apprenticeship at MSX International
The position is responsible for the support of functionality and technical issues from a first line perspective to MSXI and the wider client base.
- Providing first line support call logging and triage of basic functionality and technical support across the MSXI product suite
- Resolving where possible on a first time fix to provide excellent service
- Creating documentation and work instructions for the team
- Developing a deeper appreciation for MSXI infrastructure, products and services and adding value to continual service improvement
- Receive and log requests for support whilst performing basic triage for functionality or technical issues before escalation.
- Prioritise requests in accordance with agreed criteria.
- Monitor progress of requests for support and ensure all parties are kept informed at all stages.
- Ownership of tickets within the helpdesk tool and ensure timely responses for escalated tickets.
- Provide correct responses to requests for support by means of, for example: discussing and documenting operating procedures, requesting help via established escalation to 2nd line operations staff.
- Producing additional documentation and work instructions for the knowledge database as knowledge grows within the role.
- Ensure all tickets in ownership are updated in a timely manner and to escalate to Team Leader if breaching SLA
- Monitor application systems when required, alongside DevOps team using monitoring tools.
- A*-C in Mathematics and English GCSE
- A keen interest in IT and evolving technologies
- Basic computer literacy, experience of MS Word, Excel etc.
- Fluency in another language would also be beneficial; however not essential
Competencies and Skills Required
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Team work
- Logical problem solver
- A thirst for knowledge and a hunger to learn
- Full time and prepared to work overtime when needed
- Will be required to work shift with others in team.
What we can offer you
- Salary of up to £13,000 per annum
- Other company benefits:
- o 25 days annual leave
- o Company contributory pension plan
- o Cash back health care scheme
- o Life assurance
- o Salary exchange childcare vouchers
Email your CV to the Recruitment Team on *********************
MSXI is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy or maternity
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959505165