Technical Sales Support
Technical Sales Support
Location: Fowlmere, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm
A new role within our fast growing export sales team has become available following an internal promotion. The role; Technical Sales Support is to provide key administrative and technical support to sales and service teams. This role ensures a continuation of a high level of customer satisfaction and that all sales channels, pre and post-sale are provided with technical support.
This position would be ideal for anyone who is wishing to learn and develop within an innovative company possessing an interest in safety, electronics and pride in handling queries in a timely, professional and accurate manner.
Technical Sales Support - The Role:
The Role will report to the Export Sales Manager and will involve the following:
- Learning all aspects of the Ion Science business, range of products and technologies.
- Provide full support to the Export Sales Team, Subsidiary and Distributor networks, as well as End Users, across our range of existing products.
- Fully understand industry sectors our products are used in and applications our products are used for.
- Liaise with the Applications Support Specialist to better understand applications and identify new market opportunities.
- Utilise existing software systems available to ensure product improvement feedback is logged through the correct channels. Customers must be answered in a full and timely manner and feedback must be communicated with Product Management.
- Dynamic point of contact for all inbound communications (verbal and written) to resolve customer queries. Manage the tech support mailbox and telephone line.
- Liaise with Product Management to process all service and user manual updates and manage version numbers. Send updates via the existing Ion Science Distributor Portal.
- Contact customers directly to remind them when their instruments are due in for service and calibration.
- Own the quote request inbox to ensure all quote are responded to promptly.
- Promptly complete quotes via quote generation system for and on behalf of the Ion Science sales team.
- Oversee the instrument registration process and ensure all instruments are registered on the Ion Science website.
- Provide internal support and cover of various duties in the absence of departmental team members. This may include liaising between sales and production, receiving and processing orders, and processing service calls.
Technical Sales Support - The Person:
This is a customer facing role and the person appointed will:
- Highly customer focussed
- Very attentive to detail
- Willing to learn and assist others
- Solutions driven, seeking to proactively solve challenges
- Highly Initiative
- Highly Adaptable
- An excellent communicator, written and verbal
- Adept in use of MS office tools and administration
It would be an advantage for candidates to possess the following; however these are not essential, as training will be provided for the successful candidate as and where necessary:
- Knowledge of SAP, CRM and an issue management tool is an advantage, however the successful candidate shall receive all necessary training
- Hold qualifications in a scientific discipline
- Have experience in a technical or manufacturing background.
This position offers good terms and benefits including: - good basic salary, 21 days + Bank holidays annual holiday increasing with service, Pension, Healthcare, Bike Scheme Life Assurance and share options.
This is a full time position and working hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm
If you have the required skills and experience, click on APPLY and forward your current CV and covering letter, with salary details, explaining why you are a good fit for this role.
No agencies please.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959505603