2nd Line Support Engineer, Service Desk, Helpdesk Analyst
2nd Line Support Engineer
Salary - up to £25,000
Location - Wakefield (Outskirts)
We are looking for a 2nd Line Support Engineer to join the team that supports the entire company IT infrastructure.
This position is available to analysts with all levels of experience and would be perfect for someone wanting to take their second line IT desktop support skills and progress their career into a broader role, learning more network and server skills in a predominantly Microsoft environment.
Undergoing a large scale technology refresh programme, this company is investing heavily in the technology and you will have the opportunity to learn skills in Cloud based infrastructure and be a part of large UK wide retail organisation.
As a 2nd Line Support Engineer you will be a part of the Support Team, and work closely with the 1st and 3rd line Engineers to support a variety of Microsoft based systems, as well as be involved in Project work.
- Working within the Support team as a 2nd line technician to provide technical expertise around all applications and areas of IT
- Responding to support incidents on the phone, through email, within the servicedesk software and through the internal ticket system.
- Provide technical input to project work e.g upgrades and implementation of new technology
- Build and deploy desktop & laptop PCs, mobile phones and tablets
- Manage Active Directory and Exchange Administration
- Operate within published procedures for Incident, Request, Problem and Change Management, ensuring agreed business and client SLAs are met.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times through an understanding of each customer's needs, focusing on a swift (and where possible) first time resolution to the customer
Our ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Strong communication skills and a passion for technology
- Experience of working in a 2nd Line Microsoft Support environment.
- Experience of providing support to Desktop PCs, Laptops, phones and tablets
- Experience of supporting Windows 7, Microsoft Office, XP and Outlook
- Understanding of Active Directory, Group Policy
- Experience of administering Microsoft Exchange servers
- Network experience - Understanding TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and Anti-virus
- Exceptional customer service skills with good attention to detail and an excellent telephone manner
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and proactive individual who possesses excellent problem-solving skills
- The ability to learn new technologies quickly and be able to work well under pressure
If you are passionate and enthusiastic about IT, and considering a new challenge then please send me your CV for immediate consideration. Contact me today, Gurleen Kumar ************* or feel free to email me at ******************************.
IT Support, IT Technician, Helpdesk Analyst, ServiceDesk Analyst, Desktop Support Analyst, 1st/2nd Line Support Analyst, 2nd line Infrastructure Engineer
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959505777