Our client is looking for a Compliance Engineer to join their team in Worcestershire.
As the Compliance Engineer your role will include the following responsibilities:
- Prevents compliance issues by collaborating with engineering design teams; identifying short-term and long-range compliance requirements; researching and identifying applicable regulatory and industry compliance standards and codes; developing compliance policies.
- Develops compliance plans by researching, analysing, selecting, applying and defining appropriate compliance regulations; adapting and modifying compliance engineering policies; developing and evaluating new compliance methodologies; qualifying vendors, components and parts.
- Organises compliance programs by preparing timetables, cost estimates and required resources including test laboratories and equipment. Question on resources - will there be any direct reports, budget or a test facility?
- Determines compliance by establishing compliance test standards; conducting and witnessing tests; measuring performance; analysing and evaluating findings.
- Attains compliance by isolating and resolving non-compliance issues and recommending product and process changes.
- Conduct an audit of all UK businesses and develop a system to identify current and future legislation applicable to the business.
- Develop and maintain a legal register to ensure all relevant laws are contained and exactly match company requirements.
- Collaborate with the engineering design teams to contribute to the creation of technical files.
- File for and document patents or infringements.
- By collaborating with Manufacturing and Quality, write and maintain procedures affecting declaration of conformity.
- Documents compliance by completing approval applications; recording test results; preparing and filing Declarations of Conformity and maintaining compliance database.
- Responsible for keeping the engineering teams updated on regulatory and industry compliance standards both short and long-term. Providing information, analysis and reports to Engineering teams.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging compliance engineering practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities and professional organisations; reading professional publications.
The ideal candidate for the Compliance Engineer role will portray the following skills and attributes:
- Good legal awareness of standards and regulations associated with Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations, off-highway machinery and the general Agricultural sector.
- Clarity in communication to read and understand legal documents and translate into workable documents and procedures.
- Experience of contributing to user-friendly operator manuals
- Solid understanding of professional regulations and standards applicable to the industry.
- Excellent IT skills including windows based software in particular excel.
- Engineering or numeric Science degree.
- Good general understanding of mechanical, electrical and hydraulics.
- Demonstrable ability to manage and develop relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently with no supervision.
- Proven ability to exercise professional judgement on the collation of appropriate information.
- Experience conducting FMEA and risk assessments, particularly relating to operator safety.
- Fluency reading engineering drawings and schematics.
- Able to extract data from CAD models and assemblies.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to advise on procedures required to attain conformity of production.
- Experience of liaison with manufacturers to obtain any supplier documentation requires for compiling technical files.
If you feel you are suitable for the Compliance Engineer role, please apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959506714