Senior Engineer - Tunables Integration
Aston Martins state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world.
Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
The main purpose of this role is to support designs, simulations and improvements of Chassis systems from concept through to production.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Support the generation of Chassis system targets and documentation.
- Support hard point generation, progression and official release.
- Generate nominal bush, spring and ARB stiffness for builds.
- Develop tuneable part requirements and distribute to Component Engineers.
- Generate and maintain Chassis tuneable part trackers
- Maintain documentation for Chassis System status versus targets
- Support characterisation of tuneable parts and generation of component data for CAE models
- Support tolerance requirements for Chassis hard points and tuneables
- Support investigations within Chassis department into ride, handling and steering problem resolution and continual improvements.
- Analyse vehicle test data such as K&C results and correlate with Simulation data.
- Work with Vehicle Attribute areas to ensure chassis concepts are compatible with vehicle level targets.
- Support problem solving/quality teams as directed by management.
- Keep abreast of technical developments within the industry.
- Liaise with Manufacturing to ensure Chassis and Manufacturing requirements are met.
- Assist with component and system benchmarking.
Qualifications & Experience
- Engineering Degree in appropriate discipline
- Extensive Chassis design and component experience.
- Experience working with tuneable parts in an OEM Experience of setting and maintaining Chassis system targets
- Good understanding of Chassis Dynamic properties and tuning.
- Competent with Chassis CAE software (ADAMS/CAR, SHARK, VI-Grade Car Real Time)
- Good working knowledge of Matlab
- Working knowledge of Suspension, Braking, and Steering systems
- Knowledge of Mission Product Development process or equivalent (GPDS , FPDS)
- Strong time management, accuracy, diligence, ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks to meet customer needs
- Competent in all Microsoft Office applications
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. You have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment - fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic
Please click on the 'apply online' button to submit your application.
Closing Date Friday 24th November 2017
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959505074