Design Engineer required on a contract basis to join an industry leading engine business.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of engine technology? Do you have a background in various engine systems: air systems, fuel systems, FEAD, core, after treatment or other engine systems? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the contract role for you!
You will play a key role in each project which offers the opportunity to work on the design and development of engines intended to meet the latest emissions legislation, with world-class levels of quality and reliability. You should have a mix of design & development experience, knowledge of IC engines and be able to plan and execute challenging tasks/projects with minimal supervision.
Through this role, you will have an excellent opportunity to take part in, and have significant responsibility for, the end-to-end design/development process for engine components and systems. This gives true product ownership and the opportunity to see their products through to volume production.
- Design and packaging of Various air systems, fuel systems, FEAD, core, after treatment and other engine systems
- Working directly with the engine architect to identify space claims
- Working with suppliers to develop hardware and mounting solutions
- Conducting FMEA on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs.
- Working with the validation team to plan and execute validation tests.
- Conducting component and system design reviews to obtain 'buy-in' from the business to selected components, designs and suppliers.
- Keeping peers, team leader and management up to date with progress against planned activities.
- Development of drawings and other information to support the release of parts onto BOMs and engine lists in preparation for volume production.
- Support field and production issue, diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions. Work with suppliers and keep stakeholder informed of progress and decisions
- Strong technical background (technical degree preferred in mechanical, electronic, electrical, or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
- Good understanding of Manufacturing principles & processes
- Design experience of engine components and systems 3D CAD (Pro-Engineer CREO), and / or Development experience of engine components and systems, including both rig and whole engine testing.
- Good understanding of engine design
- Self-motivation and an ability to manage and deliver tasks to meet established commitments.
- Excellent communications skills & teamwork
- Knowledge of engine systems
- Experience of running and participating in FMEA
- Design experience gained in the off-highway sector
- Knowledge and usage of Teamcenter - data management software
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading engines business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959508895