Site Accountant - Food Manufacturing
Site Accountant - Food Manufacturing
Salary: £34-48,000 + benefits
Our Client is a world leading food manufacturing organisation and has a fabulous career opportunity for a dynamic Lead Management Accountant to add value to their growing team.
The role is an integral part of the site Finance team supporting the Finance Manager and Operational team.
The team?s purpose is to provide an effective management accounting service for the site, ensuring robust financial control, reliable performance measurement and proactive decision support for business improvement opportunities.
- To ensure the timely preparation, presentation and interpretation (commentary) of daily, weekly and monthly site accounting reports & KPI data with relevant comparisons to budget, forecast & standard. To ensure the financial integrity of the numbers through regular review of provisions and management of on-going site assets & liabilities.
- To provide detailed analysis of factors affecting production variances, site overheads and other site costs, sharing this information to improve visibility and understanding, operating efficiency and to drive cost reductions.
- To attend relevant site meetings to communicate the site?s financial results and ensure the financial impact of actions taken are understood by site managers.
- To support the Finance Manager by providing information and insight relevant to the routine forecasting and annual budgeting needs.
- To support business improvement initiatives to the site?s operations and supply chain, including analysis & measurement of shop-floor performance.
- To support the site?s cost reduction Profit Improvement Plan (PIP), coordinating project ideas for the site, evaluate financial implications and report achievements against plan.
- To represent the Site Finance team on cross-functional projects and to lead any nominated actions, and to update the team on progress and developments.
- To support the Finance Manager and IS teams to design and implement new management accounting processes.
- To prepare and coordinate site capital expenditure justifications and business cases and complete post-implementation reviews to track benefits. Ensure site capital expenditure is analysed and capital additions updated to the asset register on a timely basis.
- To support a product costing service to the NPD and Sales teams, responding to costing requests, ensuring a timely and accurate service. Instigate post-launch reviews.
- Keep abreast of developing situations and techniques in respect of customers, competitors, suppliers and finance disciplines including accounting standards. Remain close to all aspects of the factory and the people concerned.
- To monitor and control any negative environmental impact arising from the processes within area of responsibility, ensuring that all direct reports and colleagues are briefed and clear with regards to their responsibilities as outlined in the Moy Park Group Risk Management System Manual.
- Carry out exercises as the General Manager, Supply Chain Management & Group Leadership may require from time to time.
- Degree educated and a Qualified Accountant (first time passes)
- Accounting experience gained within a manufacturing environment - FMCG
- Excellent numeracy and computer literacy skills (data input, Excel, Microsoft Word).
- Strong planning, interpersonal and diplomacy skills - motivated to give a responsive proactive service.
- Experience of preparing weekly and monthly accounts, meeting challenging deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Strong analytical ability and capable of high levels of accuracy.
- Experience of using ERP Systems, Protean an advantage.
- Large Multinational Company exposure.
- Costing experience.
To apply for this role please email your CV, or call for more details!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959506529