The organisation & role
A high end niche manufacturer based in the East Midlands are currently recruiting for a Design Engineer to support the business during a period of significant growth. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a high profile SME on some cutting edge projects.
This role has come about due to a number of new projects coming through, as well as general organic growth within the business. This allows the successful candidate to be involved in a number of diverse projects across the organisation.
The key accountabilities of the role will include:
- Work with the Engineering project teams on complex mechanical design projects
- Play an active part in problem resolution
- Work closely with customers in design for manufacture processes
This is a key role in ensuring the success of a number of key new projects.
A bit about you
We are seeking people with a strong technical background, excellent engineering skills and the ability to work flexibly as part of a team. Specifically we are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified (2.1 or above) in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering, or other technical subject
- Demonstrable experience designing complex metallic parts
- A good understanding of modern manufacturing techniques and DFM
- Experience of failure analysis
- Experience working with Catia V5 would be advantageous but is not essential
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a growing company in a key position at the start of a number of new projects.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959485926